Xmatic - VESC iOS Bluetooth App

@twan iPhone 8 = IOS 11.3.1 Harware = 4.10 Firmware = Ackmaniac 3.101 Mode = FOC || Sensored Drive = Single Setup 190kv Belt

Well new update so i’ll save most thoughts till after testing that. Been rainy here so was only able to get out for a quick ride on new setup before got dark (no lights on new rig yet). will check back with ya.

-bat gauge (no infill) -ESC Temp (no reading) -Got nothing on the stats page

-prob some user error (baud rate on uart).

1 Like

Will there be support for fw 2.18 in the future

check update… support for

• ack 2.54
  • stock 2.18

I did and it says 2.18 isn’t supported yet when I try to fetch config

One more suggestion if it’s not already planned.

Selecting different boards. I have three DIYs so I would love to be able to easily select which one I’m riding and have all the specs and preset modes saved and retrieved

1 Like

hi,

I have app crashing every time it connects I am sporting original fw 3.37 iphone X with 11.2.1

@Jaeson thanks for the status update it really helps! Regarding the battery it should be working fine, try the new update build ver 7. I updated the readings so it should work for fw 2.18 and ack firmwares. However; for profile configs that has not been updated yet. and yes i will for sure add wh/mile, thats a g great idea!

@Scoo_B_SK8 it should work on your ack 3.101 now! test it out.

@dg798 for now just the readings of stats are available, i will add support for profile writes and read soon!

@Mikenopolis great idea! I will work to add that on the future too, if you click the person icon on the dashboard that will be where it will go to allow you to select which board and store life time stats for the board.

@Kug3lis hmm thats weird, try reinstalling and/or getting closer to your board that might fix it.

1 Like

Same if I connect to bluetooth and several seconds later app crashes. Next time as it remembers bluetooth device it also crashes after turn on. I am now trying out ack 3.101

P.S. esk8 vesc works

argh bummer, I will just have to wait for the crash log to come in. Sorry!

The last update fixed the problem :wink: if you don’t mind could you share the exception? :smiley: I am curious what caused this as fellow dev :smiley:

Hmmm… definitely thinking about buying an HM-10 module and trying this. Will it work on Apple Watch as well? I’d like to get it working with my Watch, my iPhone 6, and the normal firmware (not Ackmaniac) on VESC6…

Welll I was being kinda dumb and programmed it in a way that it would poll the vesc for data every x amount of time but the flaw in that logic was that depending on factors such as phone/ble module/vesc etc… It processed the data at different rates and by having a set time to poll, it screwed up my processing code where it actually processes the data packets and overflow the buffer so it crashes.

I simply reverted to event based that would wait for the response is OK before sending another packet. I had this method before but it screwed something up but I fixed that problem.

Pretty dumb LOL.

@anorak234 hmm im not familiar with the vesc6 but if it uses the same 2.18 firmware then I don’t see why it wouldn’t work. Watch support will be added a bit later on, but I will get there.

3 Likes

@twan After I switch the metrics from C to F, on the home tab the ESC temp is still in C. However, stats tab shows temp in F.

Fixed! :sunglasses::sunglasses: 10 char limit

2 Likes

Super impressed! The new features on the home screen are perfect! Awesome job @twan ,thank you very much for creating something that is not only tangible but for so many iPhone users, necessary!!

3 Likes

:blush: glad you like it!!

3 Likes

@twan, been testing the app on my new LaCroix board and I loooove it! One thing, like other mentioned it would be sweet to have an “odometer”, total number of kms done with the board.

And one really cool thing if it’s possible… Make an audio alert when the charge hits 90% or 95% when charging. I want to get the most of my batteries and I don’t want to charge them all the way to the top and I find myself always looking at the app. If I could get a notification it would be really cool. I was thinking how awesome would it be to use IFTTT with a smart plug, and when your app gives a notification, the smart plug turns off and stops the charge. I’ll spell it out, it would be P-E-R-F-E-C-T :smiley:

It would be nice even for people who charge it 100% and leave it overnight but want to minimize the risk of a fire :smiley: , app sends notification, smartplug shuts off.

I’m not aware what a developper needs to do to get the app working with IFTTT though, just wishful thinking.

Once again, you’ve done a great job on the app!

EDIT: I’m running FW2.18 definetly looking forward for full support as well :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Just signed for beta testing🙌 Great work @twan

2 Likes

Awesome APP! I have used the APP a couple of times. Has almost everything you could want. However, @twan Is there a way put more information on the “Trips” tab? Such as the information in the “Stats” screen? Unless, I missed that somewhere. Thanks for your work on this!

1 Like

@karma Denna!