Xmatic - VESC iOS Bluetooth App

This build requires iOS 11.0 or higher to run.

Nooo :sweat_smile: Sadly I can’t help beta test it. (iOS 9)

So stoked @twan! You’re the man. I have it downloaded and ready to start using it. I’ll let you know how it goes! Thanks again.

1 Like

For those that need (or a refresh)…

HM-10_Wiring

4 Likes

For those who are having issues reading values from vesc, its probably because I haven’t added support for your firmware, sorry! I built the app based on the fw 3.37, I will add support for older firmware in a coming days!

2 Likes

Yeah damn. I forgot about that too. I’m running 3.1. You think you can add that? I haven’t tried it yet but now you mention it I suppose it won’t work for me.

Loving the look, and the feel, how would you feel collabing on the Android version?

iPhone 5 ok? Cool work

I just downloaded the app, It looks beautiful.

I’ve been using the “eSkate VESC” app where I can change the vesc settings, but would have to do so individually.

How does this app change VESC settings? I only see the MODE tab, but it doesn’t seem to show master vs slave.

1 Like

@banjaxxed as of right now, you need ios 11. does iphone 5 have ios 11 on it?

@Mikenopolis yess I haven’t implemented the CAN bus for slave configuration yet. Will get to it when I finish up my school stuff :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ahhh, good luck with school. Haven’t been “tested” for 16 years now! Glad that’s over with!

Good to know it’s on the eventual ToDo list. I love the option of being able to change modes.

1 Like

Fraid not,10.3.3 (14G60)

Just signed up for beta testing! I have ios 11 and an hm-10 BT chip but it shows my motor and battery current as like 170000 Amps :face_with_raised_eyebrow: It also shows my temp as -459F… I am running VESC 4 at 2.18 software so that may be the issue…

Mhmm most definitely ! I will add various firmware support soon.

Just tried your app for a 10 km ride. Works great. I’m running 3.1 on iphone 7.

On the stats page it doesn’t display the distance. It reads zero. On the home screen it works fine.

The recording is fine but it doesn’t show a graph like I’m used to like metr or eskate vesc.

Looking forward to your improvements. I really like the app so far. Keep up the good work.

I installed it and like it a lot.

In the modes tab, it doesn’t read my on board setting? Anyone else with similar issue?

are you by any chance using ackmaniac firmware?

Even after pull down to read/refresh?

I had to do this to read the settings.

I am working on an app for a school project. How difficult is it to get the data from the Vesc’s via hm-10. Also, what are the complications with writing setting a to the Vesc’s?

Yes it worked now after i refresh thanks

2 Likes

@twan it’s awesome! Looks great and works really well. I can’t wait for an update. The few issues I’m having will likely be fixed when you’ve updated for older firmware. Also, just to mention, the battery percentage indicator seems to think my board is 10s but it’s actualy 12s, (and yes I set up the battery info) Will this also be updated? I figure this version of the app is just a basic beta concept and probably works awesome already for your own set up. Again great job! Everything is perfect, only add I would recommend is wh/mile. Just a suggestion though. Keep up the awesome work! Thank you!

1 Like