Xmatic - VESC iOS Bluetooth App

Try swapping TX/RX. RX goes into TX and TX goes into RX (one side sends and another receives)

3 Likes

I just did that and same exact thing. On the app the blinking Bluetooth signal turns green but no data still

Is your vesc enabled for PPM+UART? and baudrate set for 9600?

1 Like

Try what @Kug3lis said.

When it’s green it means the app has connected to the Bluetooth successfully and if it says nothing it means vesc and the app aren’t talking, most likely the vesc uart is not enabled.

1 Like

Im guessing I do that through vesc tool?

Ok I set the baudrate for 9600. Write app configuration. Still didn’t work. On the right sidebar of Vesc tool I’ve hit rt app button to highlight green and wrote configuration and it didn’t work. Lastly I highlight the can -> button and I get error message every time saying

“could not read firmware version. Make sure that selected port really belongs to the vesc.”

Ok I got it! I had a loose wire in the connector :man_facepalming:t4: Of course at first I the baudrate was off for sure. Thank you guys for all the help! I greatly appreciate it!!

2 Likes

@lock @careyer light update, the app now supports NRF51 modules, this means modules that work with vesc_tool now work with the app. It will also work with metr pro I believe since its an NRF51 based module.

3 Likes

Thanks @twan. I haven’t ridden it anywhere yet but the app connects fine to the nRF51 and displays real time data.

2 Likes

@twan : Thank you very much! Works like a charm! Lovin’ the App!

New Apple Watch launches in about 3.5 hours… if you could squeeze watch support in by then, i’ll buy the app twice. :rofl:

Went for commute back home and the app didn’t even recorded distance so I don’t know whats wrong with it

When I clicked stop it said there is nothing to safe

Did it draw a line on the map as you were riding? If not might be that you did not allow it to use the gps?

1 Like

Yeah I checked gps settings and etc, it wasn’t drawing a line and wasn’t even moving the map just stayed still but all vesc info was captured

1 Like

@Kug3lis Are you running the iOS 12 beta? I’m running the beta on my iPhone X and I’ve noticed some really wonky stuff in all sorts of different apps.

Nah some old iOS11

That’s very strange never had this issue before. I’ll look into it

Great app !!! Tested it today with my diy dual 6355 dual focbox setup Works like charm IMG_5703

2 Likes

@twan I just bought your app. I haven’t tried it out, yet, but I’m wondering if you need to use the double data option if you are running multi motors on canbus, or if that’s for split PPM only? I am actually running 4wd, split PPM, currently. Any chance of an update for an option for quadruple data?:innocent:

Hey brother just curious if you have the communication between vescs when switching modes yet??