Xmatic - VESC iOS Bluetooth App

Ability to re-organise order of modes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi everyone thank you for joining the beta test. The beta is now over. The app is now on the app store Here . There will be future updates for can support, Apple watch support, firmware updates, in-app graph of logged data.

13 Likes

esk8matics/telematics/Xmatic??? no website and a search of ‘xmatic’ in this forum brings up absolutely nothing.

Apart from this shocking marketing strategy, the app is wonderful! haha. Great work, can’t wait for Apple Watch support. Will it be dedicated Apple watch support? as in, no phone present, app running directly on watch and communicating directly to BT module? That would be KILLER.

2 Likes

LOL! Sorry for the multiple name changes, this one will stick :smiley:

Thanks for your input! I’m not 100% sure how that works, I just got an apple watch so I will play around with that. That would be nice if it could run untethered to the phone.

3 Likes

@twan Awesome! Does this only work with HM10 and clones, or will this also work with the Metr Pro?

I think it will work with all metr modules

2 Likes

@twan : I literally love your App. It looks awesome… however it does not want to connect to the dongle I bought: https://flipsky.net/collections/accessories/products/core51822-ble4-0-bluetooth-2-4g-wireless-module-nrf51822-onboard-ws82013 . I think this is a HM10 clone isn’t it? Is there any way to support this? Lemme know if I can somehow debug and help getting it supported. Thank you very much! I’d really like to use your app!

Oh I just realized my BLE dongle is NRF51 based (see: https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/vesc-ios-bluetooth-app/53479/129?u=careyer). It would be awesome if it could be supported. I think that many people are prone to buy this FlipSky stuff together with their VESCs just as I did.

1 Like

Thank you :smiley:

As for the NRF51 device, I will look into that, as I agree many people might have that device and it would be great to support it also.

2 Likes

Thank you very much sir! Let me know if I can assist in any means of testing and debugging. I am happy to do so. Cheers!

1 Like

@twan Super excited to see the Apple Watch version!

3 Likes

I really love this app. Would it be possible to have a setting to show mah used instead of watt hours under trips? I have used that metric for several years with drones. So it’s hard to get used to something else :see_no_evil:

1 Like

If you go to the stats menu it shows mah used

Yes but not after riding. If I take multiple trips before charging it gets harder to estimate the remaining mah

1 Like

Is this correct ?

Might be a bad angle, but it looks like you need to move your plug up one spot, if you need 3.3v. Nice ferrite ring buy the way!

2 Likes

Would it be possible for the trip recording to capture more of the stats over the entirety of the trip? Perhaps I just don’t know how to access it.

It would be cool if i could go in to a trip and drag my finger along the recorded mapped line. If for example I knew there was a big hill in a particular spot, I could see how much my motors were drawing up the hill, what temperature my ESC was at a particular moment or how much regen I was able to generate from that hill.

side question, where is the elevation and wind data drawing from? Is this getting pulled from Google Map data?

1 Like

That would definitely be fine to readout the log data not only max and min values

So you are basically looking for something like the online metr

Hello. I bought the app and bought a hm-10 Bluetooth chip from amazon, the Dsd tech. I have a Flipsky 6.6 vesc with updates firmware. The app finds the Bluetooth module but it does not get any data from the board. Am I missing something? Thank you