Xmatic - VESC iOS Bluetooth App

@Ovi when will support for 2.80 roll out? Been loving the app but cant change modes for my raptor 2 :frowning:

1 Like

You’d have to ask @twan, he’s the creator of the app, I am just a user.

oops @twan

@Twan - so I 've downloaded your app and it seems like a great app. I’ll be buying full version for sure…but I have some problems with getting the right numbers for my battery and my motor.

So I have 10s4p battery with LGHG2 cells. The app displays voltage correctly - it’s the same number as my voltage meter shows…but in my HOME tab - the amount of precentage % that the app shows is totally wrong. My voltage meter shows I have 40% left while the app shows I have 56% left . So not sure why.

As for my motor - I have CARVON v2.5 single hub motor and when bench testing it shows the speed of 28mph max …but with my 10s4p battery I think the speed should be lower…close to 24mph.

IMG_0614IMG_0616

Not sure been busy with work but I’ll try to get it done

@NAF the battery % is based on the cell voltage from 4.2 - 2.9 volts using 30q discharge graph. I need to add a custom voltage thing to it later.

Regarding wheel speed are carvon 12 poles? And not 14?

I am also have some issues with the speed when it’s getting the speed from the motor. For example I took a ride once and i am running a single motor and it said my top speed was 38 mph. i probably would have fallen off at that speed

Did you check what the app said when you were spinning the wheels at max throttle?

No will try to do that tonight.

1 Like

I got this fault log yesterday, anyone have an idea or suggestion to avoid this?image

not sure if this is the problem but back when I had this error, it was because my phase wires that were connected to the vesc pcb were loose. The wire broke halfway off the pcb for me.

When you write a new mode to the master vesc will the app automatically transmit it to the slave?

1 Like

Dunno what I did but tried different settings and fault log never returned back agian. Rode my board 23km in various setting mode (always on full throttle) just to see if its will come back but no, just run flat my battery now I know that my battery will goes flat on constant high speed demand :grin:

@twan image

I don’t know why my iPhone 6 isn’t reading the bluetooth, I have the 2.18 firmware. The RED LED on the HM-10 is blinking. I bought this bluetooth. I have the IOS 12 beta. I don’t know if that’s the reason.

Hey @twan! I had some issues with the app recently where the board shuts down due to low voltage and upon reposeront the app reads negative traveler distance. And doesn’t even read the proper value but negative, it seems to read the previously recorded value and then negative. image

@twan to make sure I’m not going crazy, you haven’t added CAN support right? Meaning when I send a “mode” it only applies to master.

Appreciate your work on the app.

1 Like

Make sure your buad rates are correct.

@Ovi yeahh I know the cause of that. I’ll find a fix for it on the next update

@cody00 yeah no can fwd yet. I’ll have that in next update, been slacking

2 Likes

@twan When is the watch app coming??? :wink:

Do you have any plans to open source the project?

Yeah the ability to customise voltage curve would be amazing :pray:

Love the app. Would be nice if you could do motor detection within the app, and have the ability to switch between FOC & BLDC modes. Basically get the entire computer version of BLDC/VESC Tool and shrink it down so we can use iOS app. One can wish, right.

2 Likes