Xmatic - VESC iOS Bluetooth App

Hey, I got an idea to recommend. So when I was doing one of my longer rides, I took a pause and shut off my board, and since the app relies on the BT module being on, I lost all my data near the end of the ride. :disappointed_relieved: Would there by any way to have the tracking pause when your board gets shut off, that would be great! Also, GL on your finals, just had mine…

1 Like

regents!!!

I’m not sure, did you double check none of the vesc settings changed? And does it tell you the vesc fw you are running on the app ? If it does that means it’s connected if it’s just green then it’s not talking with the vesc .

Great idea, I’ll consider it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

@twan first thx for your work. got my HM10 Modul yesterday and everything works out well so far. Just for my own interest, how you calculate the battery percentage? Doesn´t it depend on the cut off set in the VESC? Or you get this data from the VESC? (Sorry if it´s stupid question, I´m new in this topics).

Further I would like to ask if it´s possible to implement a rotation in the app. I mean, if to turn the app in horizontal position, the app turns too. I really would like to mount my phone on the front of my trampa board and get a real time speedometer… :wink: there is no way to get a full screen speed display as additional page?:sweat_smile::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Would really really like an ability to use one of those android watches paired to an iPhone

Love the simplicity of the app! Has anyone tried to change power profile to make it faster or slower?:smiley:

1 Like

I did and i don’t know if this was the cause but my board started acting funny, split ppm. I’ll stick to just monitoring rides

1 Like

Yeah I will think about adding the horizontal screen in the future . As for the battery percent I use a qudraric equation to map out the percent for a Lion battery. I still need to add an equation for a lipo.

1 Like

Just started working on app again :smiley::smiley:, fault logging added

imageimage

12 Likes

Fantastic work @twan! My HM10 module has arrived and I’m looking forward to giving it a go :smile:

2 Likes

@twan just got the update! looks sick! had some wrong recorded info for a 9 mile trip of mine though, said i used 0wh/mile

1 Like

Ooo okay will look into it , thanks for the feedback !

@twan I have a quick question. Is the app calculating figures for both my motors or just one ? I’m running 7" pneumatics and I get 7wh efficiency rate. I’m using a 648WH battery but app shows I only drain about 150WH on a looong ride. I was wondering if these figures need to be multiplied by 2 for dual motors

1 Like

Yes you are correct it’s only single vesc calculation. I’ll add an option to double the data. N can bus :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Forgive my ignorance what is Can bus ?

@ovi the way of connecting two escs to each other when you have a dual drive set up. This makes one esc the master and the other slave

1 Like

Thank you, makes sense! Can it happen however that not both motors function or consume the same amount ? Say a wheel is less inflated, cornering, different belt tension, etc. Would that be reflected in the data ?

I think you’d want Canbus then :slight_smile:

Ah I was wondering why my LiPo pack had no data

actually the power lead pulled out of the hm-10, completely my issue

3 Likes