Certified FOCBOX Suppliers | Get Focbox Unity

VESC FOC Settings

vesc

This is my first build so I apologize in advance if I’ve overlooked something dumb. I like the idea of a quiet board, so I decided I wanted to try running the VESC in FOC mode. From reading about problems with FOC, it seems like switching back and forth between BLDC/FOC was thought to be causing issues, so I figured if I was going to try it I would just start off with FOC. After receiving my VESC, I updated the firmware as suggested and configured it in FOC mode. I took it out for a ride, and it was working great for a little over a mile. I was slowing down coming up to an intersection and after that it stopped responding. I plugged it back in when I got home and I’m getting a DRV8302 fault. There’s no obvious damage so I’m assuming just replacing the DRV should get it back in working order. I’d like to not be going through them on a regular basis trying to find good settings, so I’m wondering if anyone has suggestions for my setup:

Sensored 230kv 6374 from Psychotiller
Enertion VESC
Space Cell Pro 3
97mm ABEC 11 Wheels
13T/36T

VESC Settings:

VESC Pictures:

Any ideas for what I can do to avoid blowing up more DRV8302s? Should I use different settings? Should I abandon FOC and try BLDC instead?