VESC fault looking for someone to repair

@Carvin_Ginger - I have nothing against you. But you honestly have all the time in the world to shame me for what’s practically your own fault. @sl33py - Yes, he sold it. Now wants a refund without returning the product. Go figure.

At least return the product. For as many VESC as you “say this VESC” is garbage. I have hundreds out there that are working perfectly fine.

Your so called find… proves nothing BTW. It’s just not worth arguing with you about.

With that said… return the VESC and I’ll refund your money. I don’t have time to play footsies with you.

As I mention again… Each VESC has been tested multiple times before shipping it out to you. So if it randomly breaks after you take it out of the box and fidget with no Due Diligence that’s your mistake. If you DO NOT do your own due diligence to program and test your own VESC. That’s on you NOT me. Don’t come crying to me that you don’t know how to put your own underwear on. If you have adequate proof that the issue is on my end. I’ll be happy to replace it.

This is nothing new… You pay for warranty. It’s been done for well over 80+ years.

There are many videos out there and I’m available for help when I am free.

You want something that doesn’t break as easily. Don’t get a VESC and/or buy from Ollin for unlimited warranty.

Trust me… I’ve tried fixing my car and spent for a $250 car part… Broke it like an idiot I was (working in the dark with inadequate lighting). Yes, I ate that $250 f’up because I f’up. I didn’t go cry to the auto parts company that their product wasn’t an easy fit. It’s a DIY Auto Repair I accept the issues that come with it. I then purchased another part for $250 + Labor for $300 because I wasn’t going to do that again. You live and you learn. This wasn’t directed directly to you @Carvin_Ginger. I’m just venting which I shouldn’t be.

Return the VESC and you’ll get your refund.

2 Likes

@torqueboards thanks! I will be returning. I would check out the latest batch from your vendor though. There’s more than just me having VESC issues specifically from diyelectricskateboards.com.

You’re other products are great. I have still recommended your mounts, pulleys, belts and other items.

Video please?

I can’t speak about the quality of diy’s vescs, but they are not rocket science. I had 2 bad experiences with enertions vescs (I know, not yours), and I knew what I was doing. I did exactly the same process I do on all of my vescs from chaka, very carefully while I’m not high or drunk or sleepy. I am well aware of esd. I was careful to prevent that. I heat shrinked everything, and if something wasn’t perfect, I electrical taped it also. The reality is these things break, whether you install them correctly or not… I do all of my own car work (except putting new tires on my rims, cause I don’t have the $4000 machines that do that). I have never fucked up anything on my car, because I am careful. If I did the work correctly, and everything worked, and a week later, that part fails, you BET I will be complaining to the manufacturer.

My point is, there’s be lazy and reckless and destroying a vesc and there’s taking every precaution, yet the vesc blows up. I have a feeling quite a few fall into the first category, but many of us (including me) fall into the second category that did everything right, yet it still failed within the first 2 days. If that happens frequently (which is seems to do), it says something about the quality of your vescs.

The same with the power switch you sell. I have had 2 of them break on me. I though I must be crazy after I was more than super careful on the second one, and yet, not but 30 seconds after solder it up, it turns itself on forever. But then I found the thread were many other people had the same issue. In the end, it speaks for the quality of the switch. Having seen too many others have bad experiences with your vescs and my bad experience with your power switch, I don’t think I can trust the quality of your products. Sorry, but I know what I’m doing, And these parts should not break like this.