VESC FAQ | ❎ WARNING ❎ Risk of short

Thanks for the quick reply :slight_smile:. I hope we get out replacements soon. Brandon in Texas has had my units for two weeks today. I’m pretty bummed it’s taking so long and would feel better with some more communication. I guess a good chunk of the lack of response is due to the limited enertion staff and the giant difference in time zones ( I send an email to enertion, 17 hours ahead of me, then they send an email to Texas, then Enertion gets a reply, then Enertion can finally reply to me). I’ll stay cheery and keep my hopes up, but I’m upset I never even got to ride my board yet :frowning:.

Actually, they received my VESC on the 1st as well. So its been 2 weeks already.That sucks though, you didn’t even get to try your board. I was lucky that my vesc had no issues. But after a week I switched to FOC and it worked flawlessly for like 15 miles of riding.

do you have the VESC-PLATINUM? or did you buy the warranty?

if so please email [email protected] and advise them of the situation so they can get your new VESC sent out…

I am afraid if you have simply posted the VESC back to factory without any other formal steps taken you could be waiting a long time and nothing will happen…

I have spent many hours over the last few weeks developing procedures & training new support staff to assist with these matters… please email again and i am sure you will get a great experience. (if not let me know)

I was wondering if an email would be recived with return shipping information after you file a warranty claim, I did not purchase the warranty, and believe the 60 day electronic return warranty would apply to my claim because it was the first use, I filed on the 9th, I know you and your team are very busy. Just courious if the status pending means ready for me to ship it back? I have contacted the support a couple times over the last few days with no definite awnser.

I didn’t buy any warranty. I emailed support first thing after the problem occurred. Jacob told me to send them back with my original order list and the email conversation we had. I assumed, that since he didn’t tell me anything about buying a year of warranty, the 60 day warranty applied. I emailed support a couple of times since they last responded to me, I have been waiting for a reply. Is there something else I have to do?

Support already said this on the 4th “We are waiting on information from the factory. I have asked them to ship you 2 replacement units.”

Did you get your vesc yet? Enertion support told me that mine is “awaiting shipment”

Glad to here yours is almost on the way. I emailed support again like Jason told me. I still don’t have any update on mine.

I just now realized that I can actually file a replacement request on the enertion website. I filed one, informing them of my current situation. I also realize this is what onloop meant in his reply to me, but it would have been helpful to have heard the information sooner.

The process is taking some time and it’s getting hard not to be salty when I feel like my problem has been forgotten about due to the lack of response from support.

I gave in and just bought the warranty because I want my vesc asap / a new replacement

1 Like

I hope it works out for you.

I’m going to try to hold out. I sent back two VESCs because they both stopped working on me, so I would probably have to buy two warrantys ($114). My wallet is already thin enough.

@onloop

I still haven’t gotten a reply from support. I emailed support this past tuesday. Maybe my emails got skipped over. Can I please get some sort of update either on here or to the email. My original request number is 10266 and I was order number 4302. I would greatly appreciate a reply.

I emailed support yesterday. They said they requested the warehouse staff to ship the vesc that day. Hopefully, they do the same for you. I ordered a new vesc from enertion (to use as backup if something go wrong or for dual drive) and it arrived 3 days later (which is great) but the manufacturer had my broken vesc for 3 weeks now and it seems like they forgot about it or don’t know how to proceed with replacements!

Thanks a bunch for the info. :slight_smile:

What did you pay for the VESC? Because I saw they are $100 right now. I’m considering just buying two more, out of desperation.

I really don’t understand why support refuses to reply to my emails. I’ve only sent three between now and the past two weeks. They could at least send me an email letting me know they are working on it, and not just ignoring me.

No problem :slight_smile: I paid exactly $102.25.

That’s a good price👌. Enjoy your board.

Did you have the warranty on the VESC?

I bought the standard vesc, then bought the 1 yr replacement warranty