VESC FAQ | ❎ WARNING ❎ Risk of short

Would there be any adverse effects if there was a fracture in the solder if you’re not using the connector?

I don’t think so.

Thanks, I cut mine down using some nail clippers and already shrink wrapped it.

I really want to see your tools box :joy:

I use a butter knife heated on my stove for a soldering pen and my teeth are my wire strippers.

6 Likes

That’s some McGuyver shit right there, bro! Nice…

2 Likes

First beta run, no warranty. Solution, buy something that works!

Well I’m not disappoint :astonished:, you really have the complete set… :joy:

We have the best VESC warranty in the world. No questions asked replacement in first year.

You can also purchase it as a separate item if you didn’t get it originally.

1 Like

I have just sent my vesc to the US manufacturer. Are they going to repair it or send me a new one?

why the hell did you send it if you don’t know if you are going to get a replacement? And why the US manufacturer?

Honestly, i don’t know what will happen.

The US manufacturer has said they will take responsibility for manufacturing faults only, so i suppose they need to make that decision about the cause of the fault once they investigate your vesc… They also mentioned they might be able to offer a reworking service if there proves to be lots of faulty units coming back…

But so far out of the 1000 we have shipped in the last few weeks there are not that many popping up with faults or that have been returned. so we are just going to wait & see what happens.

I think at this point it i should make it clear that all VESC have been programmed & tested spinning up a motor, if they fail that test they don’t leave the factory in texas. If your vesc fails on the bench you need prove that it is a manufacturing fault.

My advice to anyone reading this, if you want a guaranteed working vesc and minimal downtime buy the VESC-PLATINUM it’s the only VESC in the entire world that has a no questions asked replacement warranty & it is also very competitively priced & we are also now in stock permanently with free worldwide shipping.

2 Likes

Because enertion told me to send it to them. @ onloop I bought the 1yr VESC warranty; are you saying that if it’s not a manufacturing fault, they won’t fix it or replace it? What happened to “no question asked replacement”? Does that only apply to the VESC platinum and not the add-on warranty? Sorry for all the questions.

@ra.rend no offense but i have no idea who you are or what you purchased.

if it’s a VESC-PLATINUM it gets replaced, have you been talking with someone from enertion? if so its probably being processed now… they probably asked you to send it back so we can investigate it & see what the fault is…if it’s something to do with manufacturing we can use the information to improve and/or prevent the issue in the future.

@onloop Like I said, I bought the “1 yr VESC replacement warranty.” My question is: will they repair it or replace it (in other words give me a new vesc)? I’ve talked to one (actually two of your guys: Jacob and Rick) and they recommended that I buy the warranty and send in my broken vesc (that I broke i.e., user error, but could have a manufacturing fault…I don’t really know) If they repair it, great! If they replace the whole vesc, great! It doesn’t really matter Im just curious.

@onloop hows this? Yesterday I taped it with electrical tape, but as stated it just delays the inevitable, so I hot glued it today, those pins are now covered. Is this all good and safe now?

2 Likes

looks good, if you want the hot glue to melt onto the PCB better you could apply some hot air.,

Yeah, it’s on there pretty good, but I did notice it can be just ripped of quite easily. Will try that.

Also, should I rewrap it in that plastic stuff that was on there originally? If so where can I buy that stuff?

Id probably be removing that hall header. I have always said power leads to the middle of the board is a shit idea anyway. I think ver6.0 addresses this issue.

Is this all vesc’s? had an email from enertion but mine were bought from do you all have the same suppliers?