VESC DRV Socket (End-user Replaceable DRV)

Torque board 6374mm 190KV, 80 amps max

hummm that weird, Are you sure it is a DRV faults and not something else?

also, personally I would put the motor max at 70Amp.

Are you running sensored? Any malfunction on the sensors will throw a DRV fault

A few weeks ago I thought I had also killed my VESC 6, turns out that if you do the sensor detection and change the order of the phase wires you have do the sensor detection again

It’s kind obvious but I hadn’t realized at the time

I thought that high current limits are more likely to cause issues!!!?

Yeah, i m using sensors! Let me take a closer look one more time.

First thing to do is run unsensored them to confirm

1 Like

Not really, It is problematic if you go too much over the limits.

But I think @Pedrodemio might be onto something here.

Just tried! no luck. I think drv is gone! Blinking red, fault code = drv

Is the light blinking all the time or just when your try to run the motor?

Only when i try to run motor

hummm… yeah sound like a DRV or a blown Mosfet.

Thanks! Well, If this keeps up, i’m gonna end up giving up. It’s been too much money spent so far

Paging @trampa

I think the warranty is more than 3 months

And I think Vedder would definitely would like to take a look to see what happened for a fail with no apparent reason, even more since you were running really conservative values

Does the error say anything more? Type faults at the terminal and post a screenshot here

Capture

1 Like

I also just noticed that it’s not completely dead, the motor just worked a couple of times!

Ground under volt on the DRV, don’t know what could cause that, can you post a picture of the internal of your board?

I just put everything back together probably later on! Thanks for all :ok_hand:

Maybe gate drive undervoltage fault?

If so, a few things can cause this, either the gate drive bypass caps have become a short, something (debris) is shorting the gate drive rail, or the charge pump on the DRV8301 is busted.

Hi @SkateYS , you need to get back to us via mail. david.garlinge at trampaboards dot com Would be the first ever VESC SIX with a DRV issue. What else did you attach to the VESC? Bluetooth module? Please also check your motor and connections.

1 Like

Check your screws on the motor mounts. If they too long they could have shorted the phase wires, what could fry the drv. If that’s the issue it will happen again and again till you fixed the phase wire isolation.

1 Like