VESC Bluetooth Modules for Sale! [IN STOCK AGAIN] [APP FINISHED UPDATE]

So to switch graphs, press on the graph itself and hold until a menu pops up. Than you can switch graphs :stuck_out_tongue:

for the second quesion:

Use Itunes, sync, go into your deviceā€™s applications, then at the bottom you will find a document/files section, you can save the file to your system with that and delete it from the device

@makevoid wrote two programs to graph out the data from the file

one is a video program using SDL https://github.com/makevoid/vesc-logged-data-overlay1

another makes gif via imagemagick https://gist.github.com/makevoid/d68a4e95ba518cc84ed584afe2445f1d1

I might write another program myself if I deem it necessary.

1 Like

Also, Sorry about the delay in shipping. Itā€™s been a rough last couple of days for me, but I promise to your order out in the morning.

1 Like

I know it was mentioned before, but please please please make an app for android. :pray: This is way too awesome to be limited to just Apple products. I really want to buy one, and I donā€™t even have a VESC yet!

Idk if this question is unrelated but Iā€™ve been interested in something like this for a while (I can put my iphone in an armband and on my inner forearm), however I see that this uses the same connector port for the nunchuck receiver. In the case where dual VESCs are being used, can this be used on the slave vesc and report both vescā€™s info? or is this only a single vesc application?

1 Like

True, but then again if it returns 5 for example, it displays it as ā€œOVER_TEMP_FETā€. Or ā€œOVER_VOLTAGEā€ if itā€™s 1. No struct there.

But maybe I got you wrongā€¦ :wink:

typedef enum { FAULT_CODE_NONE = 0, FAULT_CODE_OVER_VOLTAGE, FAULT_CODE_UNDER_VOLTAGE, FAULT_CODE_DRV8302, FAULT_CODE_ABS_OVER_CURRENT, FAULT_CODE_OVER_TEMP_FET, FAULT_CODE_OVER_TEMP_MOTOR } mc_fault_code;

I can make my android application public. It connects the phone and the VESC via WIFI. All you need is a Wemos mini D1 (needs to be programmed with a little script i will provide, but it is easy) and the 4 cables (GND, 5V, TX, RX) to connect it. It is pretty cheap and works very well. Advantage is also the baudrate of 115200 instead of 9600. And i have no interfearance with my receiver if somebody has concerns.

A nice little feature is that the drive gear is adjustable and the battery can be adjusted in 10% steps to get a good capacity %.

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/D1-mini-Mini-NodeMcu-4M-bytes-Lua-WIFI-Internet-of-Things-development-board-based-ESP8266/32529101036.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.J0KiLp

Is anybody interested?

The app looks like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOrw2QBK-6A

4 Likes

This only reports back info on 1 VESC unfortunately. But if you are using the same settings with the same motor, you can safely assume that the numbers the other VESC is seeing are very close. So in your case, you can run it on your Slave VESC. You just need to enable uart mode on your slave.

Iā€™m working on designing the app to see if itā€™s possible to connect multiple. But itā€™s unclear to me yet if itā€™s physically possible.

I thought about the fact that the nunchuck uses the uart port. However, from Thea testing Iā€™ve done and others on the forum, itā€™s a mixed bag of results with mostly bad e periwnces. There seem to be some outliars that just work with no issues. But the vast majority seem to have had drop out issues and thatā€™s the last thing you want on an eboard.

I do want to make android version. As Iā€™ve stated before, itā€™s difficult for me to do real world test unfortunately because I donā€™t own anything running android to test it on (only simulators).

However, I will look into it. I have a few friends who have experince writtting android apps and I will talk to them about it.

1 Like

I have an android and some experience writing apps for it. If youā€™ve got it running in simulation already, I can do your real world tests. I would love to write a full app, I just donā€™t have the time to write one on my own right now. Iā€™ll be ordering a bluetooth module this weekend as well.

Itā€™s anyway no problem to use just one VESC for monitoring. Also in dual systems both VESCs need to be configured identically. It would also be easy to have a switch in the app to apply the consumption values x2 if used in a dual motor config.

I though about making this a setting. Do you think itā€™s worth adding?

BTW, I finished a beautiful settings panel yesterday that allows you to enter wheel diameter in mm and choose between US and metric systems. Itā€™s coming along :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Itā€™s definitely worth it, adds a little bit more comfort I guess. Depends on the effort though. :wink:

Itā€™s super easy to addā€¦ I just like real numbers and if I just double that, it may not be exactly whatā€™s happening. But I will add it.

Sounds good. If you need an Android beta tester, let me know. Iā€™m fairly local too, not that it matters much.

Just checking, should I be looking for delivery by now. Have not seen anything yet, let me know if I should check tracking or something. Invoice ID: 3-1475287062-[RocketSkateboards] Thanks!

For you and anyone living in eroupe, you should keep an eye out for late next week or early the week after. Unfortunately 1 week or less would have been over $60 in shipping and tracking would have been another $13.95. So to keep prices low, the Europe orders are sent with out tracking, with around 2 weeks of shipping time. Even then shipping is still $13.50. This is why Iā€™m working with @elkick to hopefully provide a better price with tracking and shipping under a week.

Excellent, no hurry for me, thought I saw they had been shipped so checking in. I am NYC US delivery, not EU, so maybe next week. Great!

Oh, sorry, Idk why I thought your where europe. For some reason, 2 of my orders to new york were delayedā€¦

I did send out an email with your tracking number. Did you get the email?

Cool, will let you know when it arrives NYC.

Tracking email probably caught in my email spam filters., what email address sent fro so I can permission it for future.

Thx.

Ok, just wanted to give an update everyone. We are offically sold out of blue tooth modules. We will be restocking in 1 to 2 weeks, pending the outcome of this beta. So far,those who have revived it seem to have everything working.

To those who have ordered: If itā€™s not too much trouble to ask, please let me know when you get a chance to try it if everythingā€™s working. Every chip works on my vescs, but thatā€™s with one specific vesc. I want to confirm that given a random sample of vescs, there are no hidden bugs or issues.

Thank you everyone, and if you wish to order again, we will be restocking in 1-2 weeks pending the outcome of this beta. The new app should be ready by then also (itā€™s almost ready now! But it takes about a week for the app store process)

1 Like