After assembling 2 brand new VESC’s one of the VESC’s is having trouble running the motor. When I try to detect the motor parameters I get the error “Bad detection results received”.
I have tried running the same motor through my other VESC which is working fine and It has no problems. I have tried multiple VESC firmware versions through multiple versions of BLDC tool and still nothing. This leads me to believe the problem is hardware related on the VESC. The green and blue lights are illuminated and I have re soldered the wires to assure there are no shorts or bad connections.
When I try to detect the motors or drive them I get short sudden jolts in the motor every few seconds.
- I am running 2x 4.10 VESC’s with the 2.4 BLDC tool with the 2.3 firmware loaded.
- Running 2 Enertion R-spec motors
- I am using a Nyko Kama nunchuck
Here is the dialogue I get when I try to detect the motors: