Vesc Bad Motor Detection/0 Faults/Motor&Solder Joints Ok/FW 2.18 Vesc 4.12 PLEASE HELP!

To what 300?

Yeah 300 is fine

All didn’t work

Hmm I dunno , I would upgrade it to 2.54, ackmaniacs fw, might just be something buggy with it if there’s no hardware issues

ok I’ll give that a shot, how do I do that? I kind of think I remember how

he statees you need ubuntu, can I use this with windows??

Yes there’s a windows version right there

2 Likes

thank you forthe help! I will post on what happens!

1 Like

unknown error in bottom left hand corner where it always says connected. In the beginning it stated it was connected,limited for fw update. After upload I try to connect and refresh the tool and it can’t find the device. The device “disconnects” from the computer. I hear the computer make the sound of a device leaving my computer after upload. After restarting the vesc and rebooting my tool it reads 2.18 fw again. :unamused:

also after upload the green light goes away and it’s just the blue light until I restart the vesc

Hmm your vesc might be one of the old ones that didn’t have a bootloader preinstalled

You could use Vesc-tool to install the 2.54 firmware and a bootloader

That tool in the files? I’m sorry I don’t quite know what tool you mean the ackamniac tool or another bldc tool? I deleted my other tools, but no biggie because had nothing saved haha. Can you help me with how to get the bootloader on my vesc?

http://vesc-project.com/vesc_tool

now I’m super confused because on ackmaniac’s tool it stated I already had a bootloader on my vesc and now on this tool it’s telling me if I have a bootloader and try to download another bootloader it will ruin the vesc and I can’t upload fw anymore?

Try flashing 2.54 firmware first then with vesc-tool Bin file from ackmaniacs on vesc-tool

ok so I flashed the bootloader on it at first because remember the 2.54 firmware wouldn’t load before. It was successsful to update to the 2.54!!! But now I’m still having issues with motor detection :neutral_face: so I’m getting closer, but not quite there yet haha

what do you mean bin?

That was the firmware file but since you already flashed it doesn’t matter lol

Still no motor movement or sound and no faults?

1 Like

oh haha :smile: well now to get my motor detection done! What tool is better the ackmaniac or vesc website one?