Vendor complaints versus design discussion

I saw that, and my best guess is because you said someone’s last name. But I don’t know why, I was trying to read it when it disappeared

I got it, I took a screenshot this time. If you keep pasting it someone will keep flagging you. I got your drift.

1 Like

Did he bash anyone?

1 Like

I didn’t see any bashing, but someone in here is flagging like crazy. I’m exiting this thread

3 Likes

Yeah me too. Sometimes this forum annoys me.

2 Likes

@eb1925 It’s pretty early in your tenure here on the forum dictate what our “job” as moderators is.

We have a clear guideline about vendor interaction threads and posts. If something you wrote got flagged, then a mod reviewed the content and agreed that it (perhaps inadvertently) broke the rule. If you just copy/paste/report the flagged content over and over, it is considered spam and removed.

We work really hard to make the forum a good place to hang out, it’s a lot of work! If a post got flagged and deleted, unless it was some ground-breaking innovation that the world needs to see, can you pls just let it go?

2 Likes

Dude I got flagged on another thread for no reason and then continuously got flagged on that thread after calling it out. I just wish it said “Flagged by (sensitive member)” so that way if it only takes one to flag, then that one person gets called out and held accountable for said flagging.

1 Like

Well there’s a good reason it doesn’t. It would open flaggers of genuine spam or inappropriate content up to harassment and abuse. It’s one of the reasons, for instance, that Stack Overflow doesn’t show the names of voters. It should be anonymous.

Well then make it multiple requests to flag.

2 Likes

I agree with that.

EDIT: Well, it should be multiple flags to hide the post, but even a single flag should still alert moderators.

2 Likes

I’m fine with that. Ideally if a post was flagged and multiple members voted that the flag was unwarranted rotten fruit and vegetables would begin hurling directly at said flaggers face out of their screen like Samara from The Ring…straight through the screen yo

2 Likes

All flags are reviewed by staff and either accepted or rejected. If you are referring to the HW6.4 thread, 2 of the 3 flags you received where rejected.

1 Like

Mmmmmm back to the gladiator days, you either get flower petals rained on you or pelted with rotten vegetables. At least that’s what happens in the movies :joy:

1 Like

They shall be tarred and feathered for their unwarranted flagging.

1 Like

And it must be in the village square, of course.

1 Like

I’m gonna say this since this was my thread.

If your complaining about shipping times Take it up with the vendor.

If your complaining that you have a partially fulfilled order Take it up with the vendor.

If you have a faulty product Take it up with the vendor.

If you have a faulty product and the vendor doesn’t do shit. Charge back or PayPal

In extremes like with my group We had a couple of faulty products from the same vendor, that the vendor didn’t do anything, fail in masses. I came here to warn people of the product because it FAILED IN MASSES. In hopes people would

1. Stay away from those products
  2. but also make people aware that the vendor is otherwise really good. Basically every offering he has is good, except the two products I recommended staying away from due to design flaws.

I wasn’t trying to bash vendors specifically. I was trying to bring a SPECIFIC product to light with failures so the Community as a whole could be aware.

Vendor bashing isnt tolerated on the forum because we don’t know everyone’s personal interactions. As well from my examples above there are proper ways to deal with bad interactions with vendors.

When I came here to bash the PRODUCT I didn’t bring up all the order numbers to the vendor, because we as a group(locally) we’re over it and moved on to a better product. We chalked it up to a learning loss. And I simply wanted people informed about a PRODUCT.

In the end the lesson is simple. You fucked up and blaming it elsewhere, you didnt fuck up and communicate with the vendor and they solve it, you didn’t fuck up the vendor doesn’t respond and you charge back. Or and only if you know for a fact that a product sucks because it fails in masses, do you come here and warn people, with valid reasons(not my one part died, but 25+ of the same item died).

Honestly if you don’t have valid reasons to back a failed part in masses, you just need to communicate with the vendor. As the forum isn’t the place for it.

3 Likes

Flags are cool.

5 Likes