Vendor complaints versus design discussion

Here’s a crazy idea. This is an esk8 builders forum, about building boards and stuff. Why doesn’t someone start an esk8 vendors forum? A forum for vendor reviews and posts about vendors and dealing with vendor complaints and such? It can be the go to place to get information on which vendors are best quality, easiest with refunds, etc. I’m sure a lot of people would appreciate that?

2 Likes

I got you and you may be in the right… but we are talking about 26 bad vesc’s right? That’s not a single jerk user situation… lol… that is entering the class action lawsuit status. I mean @torqueboards should be sent back the Vescs and maybe they show it works or dude should go the chargeback / file suit route. Again he should send them back and they should show proof that it wasn’t vendor defective or something. It doesn’t need to be out in the open on the forum BUT 26 is a large number per say

1 Like

Dude its done its over. I dont care…

My point was I would rather warn someone of the TWO things you should never get from TB among the other fabulous stuff there.

Its like me saying should I goto the cafeteria to get a coffee but your buddy suggests a great latte place. Instead of ending in disappointment, ya end up happy you spent your money.

Read the originating topic, read my very first post. Read all the posts. I truely do not care about a refund or replacement any longer. My point was to not hide the bad. If a specific thing is known to fail, and vendors keep selling it. What good is any community for? To share knowledge.

You act as if this is the only hobby or profession or whatever you wanna call it where people that do a specific thing don’t talk about the parts that don’t live up? How do you think most industries run? By identifying failures. How do you get better? Well in larger scale, you stop using a vendor, and use a competitors alternative. Report why their part isn’t up to standard for your project. This either ends in recalls or a new model with improvements.

TB could use higher quality caps and most likely solve alot of failure issues. But that would increase cost.

Again its not specific to one vendor, that’s just the biggest number you see up there, and yet its only about two specific parts. I digress…

You wanna know why I don’t care about replacement or refund? Because after the first 4 (3boards) failed, I contacted Johnny as DIY help chat didn’t do anything for us. By the time I heard back from johnny and was going to ship, another 5 boards had failed. With nothing but a “you didn’t buy a warranty” from diy and now half of us down a few guys decided to sell their broken vescs and we started looking for an alternative, the focbox. Within a week, the other 8 boards died. Most of us chopped it up to a loss and we all went in on focboxes. One of them failed on plugin due to the c27 cap touching the housing.

Anyway I’ll say it for the umpteenth time. Knowledge broski and tinfoil hats now with lazer beams by @longhairedboy and covered in skittlez by @psychotiller

PS I’ll say it again. Its about the parts man…the parts. I can’t even hate on @torqueboards the rest of his stuff is gold…I always point new locals there because of high availability on most things…but I’ll say the same to them…Just no ESC or antispark. Shit we even did a Black Friday buy.

2 Likes

everything you’re saying is true. I’m just irrational with rage right now. And a little drunk.

2 Likes

your face.

2 Likes

Taste the rainbow bitches!!! I love skittles

4 Likes

I know you do lol. I read things.

1 Like

Oh hey by the way! The New mounts shipped to me yesterday. Pics soon

1 Like

Word :wink:

6 Likes

@Deckoz - I appreciate you being open regardless if it’s bad press for me or not. How you guys burned out 26 collectively is beyond me… but I do agree that it shouldn’t be like that and trust me I feel bad too. We have tons of people running our VESCs it’s weird you guys have managed to kill 26. I’ll get in contact with you and we’ll work something out with the new ones on our first beta batch.

But it won’t be in vain. I appreciate everyone who supports DIY and we have a ton of stuff in the works and ultimately I want to offer higher quality products with low to no failure rate. I’ve got a new EE on the team as well. If you haven’t already noticed we’ve since stopped offering on/off switches but that as well as a new ESC is in the works.

I’ll reach out to you once it’s done. … Pains me. :cry:

P.S. Your local group must be the DRV Killas.

11 Likes

good call.

2 Likes

@treenutter asked me for nudes the other day…

6 Likes

people ask for nudes now? does that mean i should stop sending them at random and wait to be asked?

5 Likes

Man, its all good. I’ll say it like I’ve said before…I literally point everyone new to you… Your site is great…there’s always gonna be some bad apples in a bin of hundreds of good ones. The quality of your other offerings shows that… And that’s why we buy from you.

This thread was never intended to amass to this or even be split from the other. So sorry if it seems all on you. It certainly isn’t.

If there is a new esc, I’m sure one of us will eventually try it. As it is extremely convenient to be able to order a lot of things from one place.

DRV killers…maybe lol. Were mostly a bunch of grown men that go and skate through the State college campus as fast like a skate train lol

3 Likes

You should totally wait to be asked… Reception has a higher % lol

Nah nah nah I ain’t hearing that shit right now… that’s millennial confused captialist guilt trippin corporate brain washing like you owe them something because they blew you a kiss and trickled down some love on you… just being… by being.

Let them fix it because they offered it to do something about. You can let a woman fully neuter you later on… unless it’s already happened.

1 Like

so maybe i should just send out samples of nudes so that they can sort through and ask for more of what they want at their convenience? Sort of like a free catalog. Free is good, right?

I want to be very clear here, a majority f the failure of the DO IT YOURSELF community, has been finding a good source of ESCs. Everything else is mostly being able to combine your legos together and glue them together. You have and had a flourishing market with ready made brushless motors and machined aluminium parts that were all made for this incredibly specialized hobby and you managed to fuck it up. Now this may not be exactly true to everything, but it is true for a lot more people regarding VESC’s which I assume is a gripe of many here. You must expect to either take losses or purchase from vendors with credible history. That has so far only been @chaka and @torqueboards 12S TB ESC (not VESC). Maybe the FOCBOX,

ok lets not turn into a certain image board where we post pictures that we shouldn’t share…

1 Like

Smoothshavedmom.com?

3 Likes