Vedder's VESC 6.0

About second week of August if everything goes to plan.

Frank

1 Like

Is there a list we can get on for the second-week-of-August shipment?

1 Like

@trampa Hey frank, what can we modify on the VESC 6 without losing warranty? Can I open it and solder new wires?

I sent you a email about that a few weeks ago

1 Like

We run everything through our system. If you order one, it will get shipped as soon as as we flashed and tested them.

Frank

What should I say… If you open them, you need a new heat pad. If you solder close to the FETs, you have to be careful. The new batch has 25cm long silicone cables. Why do you want to solder?. I can not warrant your mods.

Frank

Thanks, my board will have motor wires running through the deck, and I want to avoid one more conector, but no problem, I will add a bullet in the deck - vesc connection

Cutting the wires shorter and changing the connectors is ok them?

1 Like

Anybody in the US organizing a VESC-6 group buy? If you are please PM or link it to me. I am good for (2).

1 Like

This is what keeps us alive:

_MORNING . _

_I JUST RODE MY STREET CARVER FOR THE FIRST TIME - VESC 6 - _

_O M G _

THIS IS THE BEST CONTROL I HAVE EVER HAD - PROGRESSIVE BRAKING , SMOOTH ACCELERATION……

YOU GUYS ROKK….

_THIS IS IT _

PLEASE SAVE ME 12 VESC 6 UNITS…

I AM BLOWN AWAY BY THE EXPERIENCE I HAVE JUST HAD ON A SINGLE MOTOR………

THANKS !

over …… :)_

4 Likes

BTW: The new batch is on its way to us. Revision 6.41, 25 cm long motor cables, and some minor changes on the PCB and casing.

Frank

2 Likes

Have these aspects been improved with the new VESC 6 hardware/software?

common with all vesc, no?

1 Like

three different types of throttle curves, three shunts, major FOC improvements etc…

1 Like

Chop them!

1 Like

If I order now, will I receive the latest revision (6.41)? How long will it take from ordering to shipment?

Fast. I think we will have them on Tuesday. We do extensive testing before we ship, so that will take some days.

1 Like

The VESC Six is back in stock. We ship the day you order.

Frank

1 Like

Did you fix the missing bootloader issue with the recently shipped batch?

On the VESC I received today the Bootloader seemed te be missing :astonished:.

Edit: Both new VESC’s had the bootloader missing :sweat_smile:.

No, Benjamin was on well earned hollidays and Vesc-Tool let’s you update it anyway. Next batch.

Frank

Than why didn’t you do it? Receiving a flashed bootloader and updated the firmware version would have made the hands-on experience a lot better for new user.:neutral_face:

2 Likes

It’s one process doing the FW upload, spin up test and a reference VESC comparison. We will update the software of the test bench for the next batch. It’s just two clicks in Vesc-Tool and you are sorted.

Frank

“It’s just two clicks in Vesc-Tool and you are sorted.” --> Than why didn’t you do it during testing?

The first thing people need to do when they receive the VESC is upgrade the firmware. During that procedure NOTHING will tell the user it failed, it will just do nothing, that’s a bad user experience. You knew this was an issue with your test setup, you had chance to fix this issue with the current batch with a computer that was probably no more than 2 meters from your test setup.

It’s a 300 GBP product! With the knowledge you had you should have lived up to the quality you claim to deliver.

8 Likes