Vedder's VESC 6.0

It didn’t ad it on in the first place. So it didn’t subtract it.

Frank

I find that Trampas estimates are always way off for some reason. I even sent an email about 4 months ago about this and I think it was Ted who said that they can be off a bit.

I have a Trampa deco in my cart. This just shows that the Pound is worth more than the dollar and the estimate is off.

On a side note: the price of the VESC 6 is now 250 pound (not 300).

1 Like

The reason movie torrents are so popular is that its expensive as hell to go the movies. If you figure $20 for tickets (2 people), another $8 for popcorn + $12 for drinks and another $5 for the obligatory twizzlers…that’s $45 bucks for 2 hours of entertainment. I don’t know of anything that has that high of a price point.

I’m not justifying the use of torrents to pirate movies, software, etc…just trying to see the other side of this thing. When you straight up molest people on the price of a thing, you have to expect some blackmarket duplication. Might be a lesson in there for someone.

1 Like

I’ve been flying multirotors for the past 8 years. Now I mostly do freestyle FPV and racing. Lots of guys from the FPV community are starting to get into electric longboards and come over to these forums. Companies like EMAX and DYS are starting to follow the trend too and it won’t be very long until we see versions of the vesc6 on banggood. Banggood was the best thing to ever happen to R/C in general. Cheap parts which allow ease of entry to the hobby and forced innovation to stay competitive because of the competition.

1 Like

I’d wait for the reference design to release and your trustworthy vendors will offer them hopefully for a lot less. Enertion, DIYes, Chaka (sounds like he has another variant in the works already), Axle, etc.

Or reflow your own when released!

1 Like

Sports. You could easily spend $200+ for 3-4 hours of sports entertainment.

I’m trying to figure it what your point is, not really seeing it.

Referring to that.

Buy what has that got to do with the issue?

Hi JLabs, you pay in pounds anyway. The Pound goes up and down all the time, and I don’t think that the situation will change soon. Best way to figure out the actual price is a quick lookup on the internet. Your bank will not give you the daily rate you see. We should ad in Bitcoin, fluctuating even more than the pound (-;

The VESC 6 we make is not cheap to manufacture and the price reflects that. I think other vendors will have cheaper HW SIX design available soon, which is nothing that really worries me and good for customers having a tight budget, or not wanting to spend more than X. There are many options to cut down the price or make even more expensive HW for other applications. I’m pretty sure we will see lots of variety and lots of different prices, which is good for the consumer.

Frank

3 Likes

Hi all. I am currently designing a cheaper version of this PCB. Will keep you guys updated.

1 Like

If you got the blueprints to build a Ferrari and built one yourself is it still a Ferrari ? Not really , it wont have the same quality and feel as the real one . This is why i would only buy a vesc 6 from Trampa. They know what they are doing all their products are made with the best parts and quality in mind plus they developed it with Ben. Just take the vesc 4.12 for example , so many variations and differences in quality, its almost impossible to know if ya got a good one or bad one until its actually proven to work well . I have built my MTB a few times now because of faulty or cheap parts , now i only use Trampa for everything i can and their parts are just amazing , never ever had a problem. Yes would be nice to buy a vesc 6 for $100 but if its not from Trampa its not really a vesc 6 in my opinion. If you buy Trampa you know you have the best and you wont be dissapointed.

Only Trampa for me :slight_smile:

I have a pair in hand from Trampa - so i’m not a hater. BUT i think you are missing the point @Dwain - this will be released as a reference design for our trusted vendors to further develop. If you haven’t seen the improved 4.12 variants from @chaka and @onloop then you will be tied to a single option, which may not always be the “best” depending on your intended use. And budget, and location (avoid customs delay/costs, or faster shipping), etc.

I agree Trampa is a high quality company, but sometimes it’s nice to have a less $ option, at an acceptable quality. Not always less quality - it’s not always “more expensive is nicer”. In particular the new Ollin ESC is gorgeous - just got hands on with his direct FET version helping @smurf with his build. Not sure how costs line up, but i’d look before buying and compare.

my .02

3 Likes

Nope, it’s better. Because you built it yourself…researched every fastener position, material used, assembly process, etc.

You are on DIY site, and telling people not to DIY???

6 Likes

What a turn of events and we were all waiting for the 6 and now want some updated four. Puts the challenge on all these other places to take the huge reasonably-priced market. Are the fours that unreliable? If running a dual at least you’re safe. What are four killers? I heard running high erpm for one reason. What else? Just a quick summary if u know

1 Like

The new VESC-Environment is set up in a way to stipulate variety, so that we will see more different designs soon. This was one major reason to make the decision to publish reference designs that can be changed, extended, stripped etc. After BETA the reference design will be made and published together with VESC-Tool and the FW.

I personally think the more different designs we will see, the better for the customer and the project itself.

Frank

3 Likes

Atleast then the confusion will be complete chaos :smiley:

1 Like

No, its just more choice and reviews will be written etc. When you buy a mobile, you also tons of choices - same with cars and bikes, frying pans etc. Lots of choices create confusion some times, but that’s the way it is. There is no way to change that.

Frank

1 Like
  1. High erpm
  2. 12S FOC
  3. More than 30A continous(doesn’t die, but overheats over and over)
  4. 4wd CAN BUS has killed 4 of my FOC box’s
1 Like

maybe your 30 “continuous” is different and being in a city the stop and go is saving me. You blew 4 vescs at once…that would send me into fits. You are a big dude