Vedder's VESC 6.0

what are you talking about. all Frank is doing is saying how his friend has broken his leg. We are all part of the eSk8 family and BV is part of that family.

2 Likes

Benjamin and I will start with the reference design as soon as the software is out. Itā€™s sketched up but still needs a bit of attention. It needs to be really good and flexible to adopt. The only way to do it is to make one thing happening after another. To little man power! Now Benjamin canā€™t stand up, walk nor solder the prototype and test ride it. So I will send the designs to be made somewhere in a small batch, rather than hand solder them. It will slow things down a bit. Please no pressure right now. Bones need to cure! This accident will delay things slightly. Health is more important. He is really not capable of standing up! Foot was pointing backwards and hanging down in a 90Ā°angle! Hurts thinking about it.

Frank

First of all best wishes to Benjamin. Hope he will get well soon. Why building small incredible expensive batches somewhere and not team up with a third person that is able to handsolder and also test things? I think outsourced sample production in china in the developing phase slows the whole process down a lot (less important), but also costs unnecessarily a lot of money. (more important) I think it would be possible to find a person that can handsolder himself, knowing a little bit about EE to contribute and is willing to help. :wink:

1 Like

Thx man! Vesc needs good guys helping.

Frank

2 Likes

I hope you see the hint who that person maybe is. :blush: At least one of them.

@trampa

I am willing to solder your (and benjamins ) prototypes :grin:. For an impression of my soldering skills look at this topic:

Now we are starting to talk VESC again! People standing together to make things happen! I canā€™t here all that ā€¦ anymore. Make stuff happen should be the spirit!

Frank

4 Likes

Haha, ofc, electronics prototyping is relaxing for me. Let me know when / if you need help!

Would be nice! Helping hands are welcome!

Frank

1 Like

How are we sitting on Beta Frank? Still on schedule to go out this week?

They are on the way to us! following trackingā€¦ As soon as they are there, Ted will drop the firmware on and will do the test runs. Then we pack and ship. I will fly over to Benjamin and will help him. Frank does the cooking, Benjamin the coding. Fair split of workā€¦ I started to create your accounts on the Website. An email notification is in preparation. You should be able to log in the day you get your VESC SIX. Benjamin will ad another nice feature to the tool! Be surprised. We will try to provide weekly updates for the Software.

Frank

3 Likes

Just curious, are you and Ted co-owners of Trampa or ?

YES we are.We are a small outfit. Ted is in Nottingham, banging on stuff and sorting out your orders. Iā€™m in Berlin, sorting out the R&D. We both do customer service. I fly over once a while and Ted flies over once a while.

Frank

1 Like

They have arrived! Photos soon. We will do the flashing and testing ASAP. Full of excitement!

Frank

5 Likes

YOU PINKY PROMISED!!!

2 Likes

Ted is still doing some moving today and tomorrow. He organized a Truck and need to make the most of it. He promised to take some pics and send them over the minute he finds the time. Flashing and testing will be done when Ted has sorted moving stuff and Benjamin feels up to the task to join in on Skype on Friday. I fire in your accounts into the System, so everything should finish at the same time. Next week, when you all have your VESCs, Iā€™ll be in Sweden, so customer support should be no issue. We want some footage of VESC SIX in action BTW.

Frank

3 Likes

Dont worry Frank, everything for my board is ready, just waiting on the VESC, should be able to get some decent footage for ya.

15 Likes

Sorry is was driving as well:

I see you managed it all ^^!

4 Likes

Very interesting project, was a follower for a long time. Has anyone have a version of this or similar PCB on Altium? I would love to do some PCB mods per my personal likingā€¦