Vedder Anti-spark switches for sale *RESTOCK*

so mine arrived today and looks great, can’t wait to set it up👍🏼

1 Like

https://www.banggood.com/12V-16mm-Angel-Eye-Metal-illuminated-LED-Push-Button-Switch-Car-Dash-p-965911.html?rmmds=myorder

if I want to connect this switch and also illuminate the LED do i have to connect a resistor as you instructed @rwxr… if so what resistor should I use for an 8s lipo setup

Hi @suwuj12 the rated current of your LED will flow when you use a 1.1 kOhm resistor rated for at least 0.5W. I personally would go with a higher resistor value like 3 to 4 kOhm on your 8s setup, because the LED will light up sufficiently at far lower than rated current flowing, you have also less heat losses and this 3 to 4k resistor only needs to be rated for at least 0.1W.

i have everything connected right, the only problem is that my system wont stay ON…it will power off the moment i stop pressing the switch? could you kindly help. thank you in advanced

could the 120A Maxi fuse be the problem?

4 Likes

No, but is your push button momentary? You need a latching one for the vedder switch.

I bought the one u recommended from bangood… Is that one not the right one?

My apologies it was actually another member who referenced those switches…

Yes thanks for that info my button is momentary… Is there anything I can do to make it work, or am I just better off getting the latching switch?

I wasn’t the one who recommended the switch, I think you refer to post #87 from @solidgeek, anyway, no insults intended. I’m sorry anyway that I didn’t check the switch in the link carefully enough.

Edit: Sent him a pm to remove or replace the link.

Better get the latching switch :disappointed_relieved: I will paypal you the 3$ if you want me to, since it was my mistake aswell (not checking the link carefully enough). Sorry for the wasted time.

1 Like

Hi @suwuj12 I am very sorry I recommended you the wrong switch! It is weird however, because I bought one just the same (at least the appereance) from the same website (Banggood) and it works.

Maybe the supplier has changed, or they shipped me a wrong switch… I hope you figure it out, I am sorry you wasted your time and money :frowning:

It’s alright, just a misunderstanding. Don’t worry about sending the $3… I’ll just go buy one… would u happen to have a link to a latching switch u can recommend?

Thanks for answering all my ?'s & concerns

It’s alright man just a simple misunderstanding… But I u do happen to have a link to a latching switch that u can recommend? I’d greatly appreciate it, thanks in advance

This one will work http://www.ebay.com/itm/16mm-12V-Car-Silver-LED-Power-Push-Button-Metal-ON-OFF-Switch-Latching-Aluminum-/142112215665?hash=item21168c5271:g:8Z0AAOSwFe5X0n5y&vxp=mtr

or this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/16mm-12V-Car-Silver-Aluminum-LED-Power-Push-Button-Metal-ON-OFF-Switch-Latching/381666076153?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D41375%26meid%3D0dcda2b8125a4776a352c926ae593c8b%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D6%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D281582242680

General switch requirements:

• latching
  • SPDT (1NO1NC)
  • watch out for depth and diameter of the switch so it fits into your enclosure

Hey there @goldenHusky are you still selling these. If so, how much is shipping to North Carolina USA 27519

Also will it be able to handle like 2 3s 5000mah (i needed a like 60amp switch but couldn’t find one so I’m hoping that i can replace it with one of these).

Any help would be appreciated

Charles

Charles you shouldn’t have much trouble shipping it or using it with your setup !

good luck !

Hi @Charles sent you a pm. Thanks!

Hi @goldenHusky, is there any Anti-Spark switch for sale? I need 1.