Vedder anti spark switch v1.3 *KIT* [currently out of stock]

I want to build a dual FET switch which is up to 100A.

More or less the same price as this set. I think it will be a bit more expensive but include everything!

2 Likes

Hey guys thanks for your interest in my switch! I have two variants for my design, a single FET 40A design and a dual FET 80A design. Though both these switch’s can handle burst currents of a lot higher and temporarily drawing more current going up a steep hill for example. I personally use my single FET design and I see 0 heat rise on it going very fast. Also my prices are $25 for single FET, that includes it pre soldered with XT60 connectors as well, and $35 for dual FET. Though if you plan on doing a group buy I could definetly make that a lot cheaper per unit. Also if you guys were interested in just a kit, including all the components and PCB I could do it for even cheaper.

1 Like

pm written!

@DeathCookies Why do you want to go a step back and using a perfboard instead of a “normal PCB”? For me that looks strange.

Who has told you that i am going to use a perfboard?? I just told you that i will make a group buy for this specific switch (because i do not think there is a better one? = Performance/size/features)

I will order some pcbs and make a Kit like this thread here :wink: If anybody is interessted just tell me that i can plan how much i am going to buy

Maybe you should look at your first post in this thread to see a better one… :slight_smile: I think that his design isn’t a 2 layer PCB is bad from the thermal perspective, because you haven’t vias to the other side where you can cool the FETs if you want to. I don’t see the size of his design over in the other thread, but I don’t think that it is much smaller. But do whatever you like.

It seems as his switch is a tiny bit smaller but now much. But it is smaller than the eboard mosfet switch which get very wide…

Maybe you can recommend me a better switch where i can directly attach a switch LED. Somehow I do not like the idea to get the power for the led switch from the VESC: What is when you have a OPTO ESC?

I don’t see any problem using the power from the VESC.

What if you dont have a vesc, a normal Esc without bec. Then you need go get another Power supply. This is the Part i dislike: Why should i use a Power supply from another component?

thats the main reason i don´t like using the vedder switch. Imagine a vanguard build with 2 enclosures. You don´t want to go back with the cables from the vesc enclosure to your battery, just for using a nice switch.

And an additional BEC is not needed because you can easily integrate the LED into The switch.

1 Like

Hey I have got skills in PCB making. So all I need is the part list with which resistance R1, R2 etc… And do I need to load any drivers or is it just solder on/smd.

I ask this because Im gonna intergrate this inside the circuit for my board reciever with lights, bluetooth, 2.4ghz remote etc…

The BOM is on Vedder’s github

And no it doesn’t need drivers

1 Like

https://github.com/vedderb/SparkSwitch/blob/master/SparkSwitch_BOM.ods

1 Like

I created some different version of the Vedder Switch. And their intended for my Eboard.

Front:

Back:

1 Like

Half the size seems like no special feat when you also use just half the Mosfets…

Didn’t say it was special or something. I need the most compacted things…

Half the MOSFETS? He still using two mosfets, just both sides of the board.

1 Like

That first one is the mod I made with vias. Before adding them the switch would get hot enough to make the solder flow and the mosfets would move during burst currents. I tried a double side switch like you have done but had the same problem during high discharge for prolonged periods. You may not have this issue if you dont pull a lot of amps but keep it in mind. Might want to shift the FETs so the are not right on top of each other if you plan on having a lot of throughput.

Keep up the good work!

3 Likes

Thanks. That was I thought! It would get a lot hotter. But this was just an idea though, lol. :wink:

And Merry Christmas!