Vanguard: Would this split battery design work?

What bms did you go with?? a cheap one from ebay or something?? the guy making my board can also make an enclosure for it so it is very tempting haha. Just dont want to stuff it up but it is a lot safer then trying to get one in the country.

Is anyone able to comment on whether this stuff should be suitable to use between the battery packs and VESCs instead of standard 10AWG wire in one of the configurations that @TarzanHBK has provided in his diagram?

There’s also an 11mm wide option but I’m not sure if this would be thick enough?

@maxz I’m still using the BMS that came with my space cell, I’ll be looking to order a new one just for charging to replace it though as my current one is too big.

This might help you: http://www.coonerwire.com/flat-braided-wire/

it should not be a problem running these longer wires to the vesc, as long as you don´t build up much resistance with too small ones. So 10Awg should be fine. Just keep in mind that some people getting problems with long wires in combination with FOC, so you should stay in bdlc mode, just to be safe. Also i wouldn´t risk weakening your deck with 4 wires running through your deck. Better take flat wires, that are comparable with 10awg wires and go the BoostedBoard way :wink:

inductance of long wires is the problem, less the resistive losses. it can be somewhat counteracted by larger capacitors at the vesc.

https://www.eeweb.com/toolbox/wire-inductance

probably because you have a flex 1, it would probably not be a problem. but yea, flat wide wires should work too - in the end the wires will have the same “volume” either way if you want to have the same resistance - so you could router very shallow and wide or more in a rectangular shape for the flat wires. running them ontop is something I wouldnt do, because it would show through the grip tape. :stuck_out_tongue:

I looked on vapeproducts.co.nz and bought 10 cells for my board. It’s enough of an incentive for me to buy in New Zealand :grinning: