Vacuum Formed Enclosures For DIY Electric Skateboard Components

that will look awesome!!! thanks again, email me if there is any problems or if you got any questions. Ill go with the payment soon. Good night

DONE!!! thanks

1 Like

Hi there Whats the tracking number?

9405509699939292992437 says it’s been delivered.

Shiny! Looks good psycho!!

I may need to pick your brain at some point as my vacuum setup needs some tweaks…

exceptional work as always.

I definitely like the shiny look better. If I decide to order from @psychotiller, I’ll want the shiny side out. @psychotiller, how do you recommend attaching your enclosures to the board? Standard skateboard nuts and bolts? Screws? I’m sure you recommend a stiff board vs a more flexible board.

Thanks! Let me know what you need to get it going!

I’ve been using these really nice stainless button head wood screws lately. But, the most secure fool proof set up is going to be with t-nuts and screws. With t-nuts you end up with pre threaded holes and they stay threaded.

What’s up @zool774? Did you get it?

not yet… post office in my area sucks big time they never delivered a single package in years and they leave the notice few days later lol. Ill get it tomorrow and let you know then

I hate that. Happens at my house too. Said front porch on the notes.

That’s what I use on my box too. I really like them and of course they don’t rust and always stay great looking.

I agree about the t-nuts though. eventually wood screws will strip the hole and lose thier grip, so t-nuts and machine screws are the best long-term option.

@psychotiller let me know if you find a good source online for those. I’m going to need a bag of them eventually.

Hey I just picked up the enclosure from the post office… That’s AWESOME!!! that’s exacly what I needed, good job!!! Thanks again

I demand pics of your build!

Ok, just give me few days, I got to put everything together, hopefully without any inconvenient, I’ll be done by next Friday. Also I’m planning to cover the enclosure with a nice 3d carbon fiber vinyl layer, lets see… Btw, I’ve seen on the chat above, you mentioned about getting t-nuts for the enclosure, I’ve been looking for them for a while, without any luck. I’m not really an expert on skateboard tweaks, so I was planning to just drill holes one the deck for some black Countersunk t-nuts, that would avoid the all removing and reapplying griptape, but is impossible to find them. Any suggestions where to find them or a better way?

1 Like

I just mentioned clevis pins in the mounting thread, as another option

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up, I’ll look into those pins

https://www.boltdepot.com/T-Nuts_Stainless_steel_18-8.aspx

Why don’t you do what longhairedboy do and just spray them black :smile:

1 Like

Here’s a Version 2 of my original enclosure. It will hold up to 2 4s 10ah multistar packs or 2 6s compact 6s lipo packs. The big change is it will also hold 2 1/8 or 1/5 scale ESC’s!

2 Likes