[USA & EU][GROUPBUY] Maytech motors (CLOSED)

I haven’t really experimented with anything outside of 7/8 inch AT Tire setups, with exception of being 14 on a cheap ass skateboard…

Would happily take advise from some one used to UK roads…

Will be down for some mount too… Your making this tto easy for me! :wink:

UK roads are mixed

Where I am from the roads were fine, but where I am now I can’t imagine riding on these roads. Offroad wheels are good but you will need a bigger battery most of time

I will see about the motor mounts, shouldnt cost too much to make

Where im using it for a work commute a pretty much know all of the bad spots now… So am happy to try something new… I may have just ordered 125mm gummies… Not sure I that was a good idea?

What you thinking of running?

Maybe 97mm wheels for a little bit and maybe 85mm Seismic Speedvent wheels since nobody uses them.

Gummies are alright I suppose

Was looking at some 97’s and some large boa’s but being my first non at setup was worried about a few areas near me… London bridge has these 2inch tracks across it and can see me going head first if I get anything smaller.

1 Like

hey guys, we wanted to try and collect the funds without it costing everybody to do so. It is an option we think may work better than paying friends and family or paying through the company account. with my personal PayPal account, I can create a money pool that everyone can pay into and not be charged to do so. everything we can save and use on shipping is a plus, and a few dollars less for you even better. this group buy isn’t like the majority of group buys (usually with some risk) we are not dealing with a company that is new or a product in a prototype stage. The batch has started production (6880) and we will only be claming our number from that run, the 6374 sealed and unsealed are a stock item and will ship once ordered.

please email order confirmation and shipping address send your information to: [email protected]

Is it to late to join?

We will close it the day before thanksgiving

1 Like

If I want 2x6880 I should contribute 200$ into the pool right? This pool is for both EU and US? Do you have any idea when will they ship?

Correct, we are trying to get the order finalized by thanksgiving and submitted with an estimated shipping end of December for the 6880 motors. The sealed and unsealed 6374 will ship before December

Looks like ill only be getting 2 not 4. My esk8 funds got hijacked by the wife.

4 Likes

LMAO soemtihg similar here, I think I’m gonna drop out cause I’m thinking of going adifferent route with my build

1 Like

Im not passing up maytechs at this price. Just 2 is enough. Maybe I’l get 3 lol

2 Likes

I really want 6369 maytech’s :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Im in for 2 unsealed :smile:, want to get more but no funds

2 Likes

Hi everybody - I know my account doesn’t seem to have much logger in it, but I have probably 10days+ straight read time unlogged (dunno why I didn’t take the 5 seconds to log in)

Anyways - I was planning on getting in on the 6374 order. However, I just now noticed the sealed is 170kv instead of 190kv. I for some reason read incorrectly and thought they were 190kv. Anyways - more torque may be better for me. I realize this probably isn’t the proper place to ask this question, but at the same time, this thread is probably filled with a lot of people who know alot about beefier motors.

I’m embarking on my very first build somewhat soon, and I’ve never skated in my life, and won’t be outside of electrically… Anyways, I live in a college town with some very steep 30% plus hills I’ll regularly be going up. However, I so only weight 54kg ( but, hopefully after a surgery I’ll be able to get back up to ~70kg ) , I’m also 5’6"ft.

Anyways, the question I’m getting at - will 6374’s be too much for me? Since I’ve found this forum… I’ve been under the impression they wouldn’t be. But I really do have no baseline feel to go off of… Just what I read. Would 6355’s truly be a better choice and I should just swallow my pride of having Big Beefy Motors™?

Also, I’ll definitely be riding through light rain/possibly puddles sometimes. Therefore why I was looking at the sealed motors. That is the correct line of thinking, yes?

Sorry for the long post in this thread, but I’d greatly q appreciate any input.

Get the beefy motors, if you go for 6355s you’re going to ask for more with time anyways. The 6374s may be too much for you but you can always limit current in vesc settings

1 Like

What he said :arrow_up: Also consider that bigger motors are heavier.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s the one thing that really kinda sucks. I think there’s a 1kg difference BTW dual 6355 and 6374.

Doesn’t help that my shoulders are so fucked I’m literally having my top ribs surgically removed…

But shit, I ain’t no bitch (maybe)

I’m about the same size and height as u… I have 190kv 6355 maytech at 18/36 plenty of power torque.and speed at that ratio even at hills on 107s… With that said I’m.mainly buying the 6374 to see what noticable difference there is…apples to.apples with in the same brand. I say that because I bought a set of the cheap Chinese C6374s off eBay for fun. I didnt notice any major difference except maybe uphill was a hair smoother and they actually ran a hair hotter than my 6355s… Possibly cuz theyre cheap…which is why I’m doing what I’m doing as mentioned… Dont worry your shoulder is gonna strengthen up real quick once u start carring around a dual drive lol…or so u hope :wink: