US - Bestech CHARGE ONLY BMS modules

what do u mean cut off all power?

I have a bestech bms with overcharge release set to 4.1v per cell, or 49.2v for the pack.

I also use a 50.4v charging brick, and once charge reaches 49.2v, the bms stops charging.

not sure if that answers your question.

edit

I think I understand the question now that its rephrased. my answer is I’m not sure, i just know the pack voltage stops increasing. someone more clever than I may be able to answer, in fact I think there was a discussion about it earlier on in this thread.

I do notice that the charging brick gets hot while charging, but once its reached max voltage it cools down and the led indicator on the brick changes from red to green

1 Like

He may be asking if it will continue to draw power and burn it off as heat after charging is complete, or if it will stop drawing power

@thisguyhere got it figured I should get two different models.

1 Like

Just locked myself in for 2x D205V1 12S.

1 Like

Ok, I’m in for a 190-12s and 140-10s unit.

1 Like

I’m gonna STFU now, stop infecting this thread with my paranoia.

i see your D122 cancel, replacing with D140, got it

1 Like

How can we confirm that we are on the list

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mI2EouPFCvXliL9fKCx2SsKmCA5FVcXDZKMV-HB4_0w/edit

3 Likes

Would need 2x 10s bms. Pls

ok have u read the original post on this thread?

1 Like

Got it. Submitted my request

I’m going to cut this off at 9pm pst so i can get a final invoice tonight and paid.

thank u for participating, will follow up with final cost

5 Likes

i was going to PM everyone but it’s making me enter each person’s name one at a time:

here’s the final invoice:

it’s basically $3 per module fee, that includes the $1 i’m charging for my troubles. deal with it.

i’ve already paid the invoice, it’ll probably be another 2-3 weeks before they get to me.

feel free to send over your payment, at your leisure:

paypal email: [email protected]

venmo: @thisguyrighthur

btc: 13DspXZfB6CUHCcf92oSkZnQq7sCA5uaWS

please make sure to include your handle in the payment notes, something like “thiguyhere bms.”

here’s everyone final cost (click on image to see breakdown), make sure to use higher amount if sending goods & services:

6 Likes

Paid, guess I will see it in a month or so?

Gonna be sooo many carvon v4 30q beauties in a couple months…:star_struck:

1 Like

https://m.ebay.com/itm/3S-13S-Lithium-Battery-Balanced-Function-Board-For-18650-Polymer-Battery/332160632043?rmvSB=true&ul_ref=http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&pub=5575011129&toolid=10001&campid=5337662261&customid=open_22625&icep_item=332160632043&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg&srcrot=711-53200-19255-0&rvr_id=1361489141187&_mwBanner=1&ul_noapp=true Cheap. Got 4. Good review. Don’t know what you guys are getting but this is just the balance function. On constantly.

1.Features:4.2V balanced function It only balances at a full charge of 4.2V per cell

thanks I see that now. and it does a low current discharge so there’s still a danger of overcharging a cell with the one I posted if youre charging too fast. still pretty awesome though.

I’ve used those before with the larger through hole resistors modded to ceramic resistors to top balance my PowerWall banks