US - Bestech CHARGE ONLY BMS modules

I thought the max for Li-ion was 4.1V. Not a big difference though, I agree. Regarding discharge, I knew but it’s not important as the BMS is for charge only. :slight_smile:

correct, you can use these modules for lipos, just make sure you lower cutoff is set appropriately in the vesc

to answer yout question, $10 to canada

2 Likes

they’re specd for 4.2, but only charging to 4.1 increases longevity

1 Like

I’m in. I tried to add the 10S to my cart http://esk8life.com/bestech-d140-10s but it says out of stock ?

Yea I disabled it for the time being, let me figure out canada shipping and add one more so you can order it.

Please be aware though I’m still waiting on them to arrive.

No problem. I’m leaving for the holidays anyway, so it would have to be shipped in January, if you’re ok with that.

Do we have an ETA on these? Also, I also need one more unit… but cart doesn’t let you because disabled business.

Thanks!

later tonight, bms arrived today, let me get a count and I’ll update

2 Likes

have the bms’ arrived from my order @thisguyhere

what’s your zip?

1 Like

stock has been replenished, you should be able to put them on order now.

thanks.

1 Like

Thanks! got my tracking #. Also ordered another 10S unit btw – cart works

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Planning on buying one D140 12s BMS from esk8Life.com :slight_smile:

Could you just explain a bit more precisely were the ESC positive and negative wires would go? And what sort of balance connectors should be used from the battery to the BMS?

1 Like

this is a pretty good diagram of bypassed bms.

also, the bms comes with balance leads.

4 Likes

I just made a schematic with my Lipos. Is the wiring correct?

2 Likes

looks ok, just take your time when wiring up the balance leads. i haven’t worked with lipos before.

balance lead 1 should be pack voltage, the drop down in voltage each subsequent series.

only thing i can see, as it’s diagrammed, your voltmeter will always be on. be sure to move the voltage neg wire after the loop key.

2 Likes

I made a new, simpler one. In this curcuit the voltmeter will only be on when the xt90 anti-spark is plugged in. The female/male parts are 5.5mm bullets.

1 Like

After some reading I understood that on some BMS´s the black balance wire from battery 4 (which is not used in the diagram above) should be connected to the B- port. Does this have to be done on the Bestech 140D 12s BMS?

no, not that I’m aware of, bms diagram doesn’t indicate that.

I would just attach the charge wires directly to your main power leads, save some connectors. but wiring looks accurate.

2 Likes

Do you think you’re going to host another pcm group buy soon? :zombie:‍♂