URBAN BURRO | Trampa Carver 14ply | Mini Vertigo trucks | 10s4p VTC5 with BMS | Dual sensored 6355 APS 130kv | Esk8 Controller 1.1 | Idea Motor Mounts 4.0 | Trampa Underboard Tray | 7” pneumatics and 125mm Gummies on Superstar hubs

Like sugru which never gets dry. For glueing and filling gaps it’s good but not as support e.g. around wires

2 Likes

Received the parcel for rebuilding :grin: Thanks again for the new deck @trampa

180320h

6 Likes

In the interest of fair play, @trampa that was very cool of you to replace the deck for @rich.

6 Likes

We are very cool Mr. Maner. You just have the wrong impression of us.

2 Likes

honestly, I don’t wanna get into it again but its not an impression, it’s a practice that I don’t agree with. I just wanted to say that was cool of you to replace his deck, as you didnt have too.

We do a lot of things that we don’t have to. It happens very often.

3 Likes

In interest of fair play i won’t ride in skate parks at night again :grin:

It’s still a wonder that nothing more is damaged and I did not need a hospital. I hit the rail with the left front Gummie wheel, the Gummie or hub has no visible damage which is great but look at the truck. You can imagine how hard I hit it (the baseplate is aligned with the raster) :astonished:

220731h

Also the deck is cracked and not totally broken. I am thinking about sanding the area down and fix it with epoxy, that could work if the crack is not too deep. I would have enough Trampa spare parts to build an unpowered board e.g. for skate parks :rofl:

3 Likes

It’s probably only the outer layer that cracked. You can mount the new trucks and jump around on the deck. It will not brake into two pieces. Cracks do not travel easily in this material. It’s only down to 14 Play in that area. Try to brake it for us. Lets see if you manage to do that. Glad the wheel survived. The Superstar is very very sturdy, since it can flex a bit. I haven’t heard of a broken hub in the last 10 years. They seam to be pretty indestructible. However, inspect it thoroughly. It’s always sad to see a bent truck. This impact shows that they don’t snap, they just bend under the strain of the impact. Cold forged aircraft aluminium front to back… Did the baseplate bend or the hanger? Looks like the hanger.

3 Likes

Why is it not possible to buy loose hangers anymore ? Can’t find them on the site… ?

Challenge accepted :laughing:

Haven’t seen a freestyle carver with bindings and heelstraps, ATB trucks and 8" wheels before. Sounds like massive fun :sunglasses: Finally I know why I have so much spare parts.

Just disassembled the truck, the kingpin is bent therefore the hanger looked more askew as it is. But the hanger is a bit twisted and one axle heavy bent. The baseplate looks quite OK.

Yeah the hubs and Gummies are bouncy, after the crash the board bounced back some meters.

@Silverline do you mean the mini hanger or normal size?

Both actually : http://www.trampaboards.com/hangers-c-103.html

All ATB hangers are online

The mini hanger I couldn’t find, too.

BTW the most spare parts I find with the search function :wink:

1 Like

Thanks… i use the search function next time. otherwise you can’t find them on the site

1 Like

@rich hey, just realized you have been knighted and received a title. Don’t know how long it has been but congrats!! :sunglasses:

Good luck on the rebuild.

4 Likes

Haha thanks, you were the one who suggested to get me a title :laughing:

1 Like

If you don’t find a spare part, just shoot us a mail. Sometimes we take parts from the website when there is a shortage in supply. This way they don’t sell out until the next batch arrives, so that we can supply spares to those who need them and so that we have enough parts to sell complete boards. The truck take time to make… Once they are re-stocked and available again, we will show them again.

The rebirth and first ride finally happened today :grin:

Removed the yellow dampas, springs only in inner position feels like riding on 2 wheels, scary but funny, nothing for higher speed. Need more practice, maybe I put the dampas back, let’s see.

But back to the beginning… First I’ve tried to repair the cracked deck with epoxy and wanted to use it until it’s cold and then switch to the new deck.

Sanding down…

20181005_140944

Epoxy…

20181005_154456 20181005_154508

Sanding down epoxy (to get the gloss back finally with 1500 grit)… done

20181007_000403

Looked good and mounted the trucks with washers. Then I started to jump on the deck until I heard some noises and the clear epoxy looked like that.

20181007_105330

When I touch “the crack” and jump I can feel movement there so I don’t trust the deck 100% but definitely gonna mount trucks and bindings to it for e.g. skate park fun.

Time to drill holes for the threaded inserts. Took the old deck as template.

I put duct tape on the blablabla to get it centered within the threaded insert. What blablabla is? No idea what this is called in english even don’t know it in german :rofl: center-punch? I don’t know.

Drilling the holes…

Trampa Dreadlocks

This time I used a socket head hex bolt for installing the threaded inserts which worked much better and all inserts are straight

It’s best to lay the deck in a way down that the actual hole for the insert is straight and not askew.

When mounting the enclosure I realized that a couple of holes are not at the correct spot. I could mount all screws but damn, almost not possible. The better idea would be to take the enclosure as template and not the old deck for marking the holes but now it’s too late. However it’s working.

My actual problem is that a motor mount shifted again (angle) and I think I need to mount cross bars to prevent this. Right now I’m riding with a crooked because I want to ride, need to fix this asap.

Ah and finally I had time to get the pulleys anodized in black, no more bling bling.

7 Likes

The black pulleys look sexy :ok_hand: What about elastomer damper instead of springs only? You think it would be a good choice or they too stiff?

1 Like

goddamn i love trampa builds

1 Like

super rescue! Thanks for sharing all in detail :wink:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: nothing more to say ! (Do you maybe not the difference of material ? Last year or before the material was more fiber, less plastic I think… Just to know if you notice the same?)

If you have a new bad experience with, I would be interested to take you back the deck once completely destroyed :blush:

Also, what are those black pulley ? Trampa one ?? DIY anodising ??? Looks perfect :star_struck:

+1 ! :smile: it seems to be the only thing missing from this great setup! :wink:

:v: Enjoy Rich !

1 Like