Uphill Race #3 - Backside Brawl 5

Spoke with one of the event promoters for Backside Brawl and we are go for a race on Saturday.

The event date is tentative at the moment but should be concrete very soon. We will be making updates here and on the new facebook page as things unfold! :call_me_hand::checkered_flag: https://www.facebook.com/groups/315497705771336/

10 Likes

Screenshot_20190312-082356

IMG_20190312_082818 IMG_20190312_082744 IMG_20190312_082728

https://m.facebook.com/events/234874717441454?view=permalink&id=269066790688913&ref=page_internal

2 Likes

I definitely will not be coming but I really enjoyed the video.

I am asking for the time off!

1 Like

Got the time off!

2 Likes

Up for grabs. SRB race drive. Will only be sold to someone who will put it on the hill. You don’t have to be fast, you don’t have to be talented. Only requirement is you build it and either have someone or yourself race it with us at the Backside Brawl.

5 Likes

That is a beauty!

1 Like

I don’t think my new board will be ready by the 19th but I’ll do my best.

This time I’m leaving behind 10s and going to 12s because no matter how hard I push everytime I race you, I lose to your top end.

Roster Update: Backside Brawl SoCal

1. @mccloed
  2. @RedBaron
  3. @chaka
  4. Jason Lucier
  5. @MoeStooge
  6. Jeff Tatum
  7. Art Zuniga
1 Like

Im Athanasios Agapitos. :slight_smile:

Copy that. Roster adjusted. We’re going to run the race with a new format that allows 15mph boards to compete with 40mph boards. Race will have a consistent rider competing for podium at the finish line. Hope to see all boards at the hill racing.

2 Likes

So, Sounds like its all about consistency of your runs. Sounds good!

1 Like

There will definitely be a battle at the final stretch. Consistency wins not speed. Roster Update: Backside Brawl SoCal

1. @mccloed
  2. @RedBaron
  3. @chaka
  4. @JAYSTCB
  5. @MoeStooge
  6. Jeff Tatum
  7. Art Zuniga
  8. annonable
3 Likes

Looking forward to this! Anyone else camping out on the hill?

1 Like

Still on the camping fence. Should be a great event. I may have a board that needs a rider. Hope @chaka is bringing his boardstack. Get some of the DH crowd running the hill.

3 Likes

My boards sold faster than I was expecting and am currently working on a new one. I don’t think I can pull it off by the 19th (maybe). I might have to back out of the race we’ll see.

2 Likes

@RedBaron I will have a spare board on the hill if you need a ride. @chaka may have something as well

2 Likes

That would be awesome and totally worth the trip! Love this community.

1 Like

Yeah, I will have a few extra decks to ride. Super sketchy racing an unfamiliar board but I think there is a good place to ride on the other side of the hill. Plan on doing a small group ride sometime during the weekend!

2 Likes

Any board I ride that doesn’t have straps or some sort of bindings is scetchy as fuck. I’m not a real skater, lol. I wouldn’t be very competitive durring the races without them but I’ll show up incase there aren’t enough people racing.

1 Like