Upgrading an Evolve GT battery with 18650 Lithium Ion batteries

Aside from the wire number I gave, I think wire color and connection point are correct.

I made a 10S4P battery pack with LG HG2 works perfectly on my Bamboo GT. 20180204_112209

Yep :+1:t2: worked for me. Just finished and tested my battery today.

Congrats :tada:

1 Like

What thickness nickel strip are you guys using? And do you double it up on the series connections?

I use 12awg wire between p-groups, nickel strips wonā€™t cut it

12gauge wire to make the flexible series connections but when you put two parallel groups in series youā€™re using nickel. What thickness nickel on those connections? Thanks

Iā€™m using 0.15mm thickness.

I use only one pure nickel strip 0.15mm

0.2mm x 10mm single in positions 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10 and double in positions 1,3,5,7,9 and 11 with 4mm2 tinned flat copper braided wire for main series outer connections.Braid

You are sure thatā€™s enough?

Iā€™ve been riding my board for so long at so much current, I never had issues with batteries disbalancing or a bottleneck on power, I know the P-Groups connections carry a lot more current, thatā€™s why I use silicone wire there

1 Like

Hey, Iā€™m going to try tack up my own pack too, would you sell me the ā€œspecific 11 pin connectorā€ for the BMS you refer to please and thank you? Iā€™m in New Zealand, one of your colonies on the opposite side of the planet :wink: Cheers, Owen

Hey guys, Iā€™m about to follow this extremely useful guide to do my own pack, but a lot of the images are missing. Any chance of relinking them up? What nickel strip thickness do you recommend, and what AWG rating for the link between each 4p? Thanks very much, really looking forward to GTā€™ing my way to work without having to fumbling the mode back out of ECO every time I slow down. Tedious!!!

Use 99.7% pure nickel strip 0.15x8mm

Use 2 x 16awg between each pack or one 12awg

2 Likes

the balance wires between packs 1 and 2 ā€¦ 3 and 4. what pack should you solder to?

Hi @drone001

This thread contains the necessary information. You can go back a little, and read.

Good luck!

beautifulā€¦thx i needed this.

image Iā€™m trying to be a smart arse and put in an XT90 in line in case I want to swap out to another pack. I plugged it in an hit the power button and NOTHING! Does the BMS 11 pin need to be plugged in too, or have I wired this puppy wrong gents?

Have I got THIS right LHB?image

Another successful Evolve upgrade.

Working on a new enclosure for the Evolve Bamboo GT to upgrade the battery from a 10s4p to 10s5p

20190412_103517

7 Likes