Upgrade cheap hub motor board with Focbox Unity & Get Amazing Performance BOOST

I think they are referring to the thousands of older boards with 20r or lesser batteries. However, 90% is pulled straight from the arse. The new Meepo NLS is the only version that uses the 25r cell afaik. The v2 (which is the one used in the video ) uses 20r standard.

As for the top speed… idk isn’t Jason over 200lbs? I’m 150 running 11s on the standard esc and top out at 27. Seems like the amp limits really kill performance for heavier riders.

The 20r 10s2p packs can still do 40 amps discharge it just has smaller capacity if I remember right.

Oh yeah right on the money. It’s the really old samsung 22p packs that were abysmal but they haven’t used those for months so most riders should be able to drop in the Unity and get that performance increase. I can’t wait for mine!

@onloop ? 10char

@pjotr47 Might help a bit

IMG_3887

IMG_3888

1 Like

Thnx! I am going to try running 70A on each motor but I want first black on white from Onloop that it is possible, So I can come back if I maybe kill it. 140A off total power sounds very much for such a small unity

2 Likes

Any updates on how the hubs handles the extra amps? Temperature, effeciency, etc?

man did you try to increased the battery max on the unity above 80A (40 + 40)?

I have a Meepo Mini 2 with the ER battery and want to make an upgrade here soon. Can I use the FOCBOX with my current setup, without blowing something up and is it possible to get the same 21% increase in top speed as in the video if I add on the FOCBOX unity or is there another VESC I should use to get better results that you could recommend?

Thanks,

Rob

Please share a picture of the battery, its important we know exactly what the battery specifications are.

Then i can help you set everything else up to be at maximum possible performance.

Thanks for getting back to me brotha man… here is a picture of the battery… I can’t remember what ESC it’s running on currently… I’ll try and find the paperwork for it tomorrow… Thanks again for getting back to me, any info you could give me would def be appreciated…

Only hub motor specs I could find… hubs currently on the board…

Thanks again

That battery has samsung 40t cells. 35a discharge each.

it has 2 cells in parallel it means 70a output. These are really good “little” packs…

I actually have one in a meepo mini with focbox unity.

You wont need to set focbox unity at the maximum of 70a battery discharge to get a solid performance boost.

Im not sure what esc you have, but Normally i think the meepo standard esc are only using 30A from the battery. If you get the focbox unity and set it at 40 or 50a battery current you will get an very noticeable improvement in performance.

The meepo hub motors are pretty decent and can handle having a higher current too.

Overall pretty impressive improvements can be achieved.

This really isn’t true. As tested by mooch, these shouldn’t really be set to more than 25 amps per p group. Unless you want mega voltage sag and a battery pack to cook on.

Of course, given you probably aren’t going to be pulling max constantly, there is some scope to increase.

Agree, that’s why i say set it to 40 or 50 amps to leave plenty of headroom.

Yeah 50 is good. I have a unity meepo combo on a spares board and it is damn powerful. 40 motor amps each side with a 12s4p @80 bat amps.

Awesome… thanks for all the info brotha. I appreciate it for sure… Am I able to buy the FOCBOX unity from someone inside the U.S … everything I’m seeing is from over seas…

What would you estimate your top speed to be around?