(UPDATE)Not enough power or lost of it? ENERTION BUILD

2nd UPDATE PLEASE HELP After adjusting the settings again… Charged up my board and decided to test it out, praying that everything will be fine now. Current Weather 98 F. I Changed my Max Motor from 60 to 45, I kept everything else the same. Thinking that might help the “overheating” issue. After cruising for 5 minutes literally, started loosing power. Will not make uphills at all(flats was fine but a bit of uphill and started dying). The motor was very hot, I could not keep my hand for more than 3 seconds. I seriously feel that there is something wrong with the numbers in the programming of the VESC or this motor doesn’t play well with my setup(although Enertion advertises it does works, but haven’t provided the numbers as to what input in the Vesc settings to make it a stable system) I have provided answers to all the question (wheel size, rider weight, motor, battery(all down below)) On top of that I started having weird behaviors from the board, it was accelrating it self and such(see the 2nd video below). I am running out of answers, someone please help. Here is a video of it happening and pics of my set up again…

Videos: https://youtu.be/SeiRkaW-270 https://youtu.be/orkakY0zvi8 https://youtu.be/4CVONzfYRjM

UPDATE: I went cruising after having adjust the VESC settings like @onloop suggested. Motor max current : 60 A, battery max current: 50A and battery cutoff start 33 V. Everything was going fine and after about 15-20 minutes starrted going uphill and again I was litle throttle in and went full throttle and no change it kept getting slower and slower. I stepped off the board for about 5 minutes and went on flat and it was working fine again… I really don’t know what else to try but this is getting frustrated since I haven’t been able to enjoy the board ever since I got it. Any suggestions? Battery was at 40%.

Original: Hey guys my board is having lost of power in my opinion. I was crushing around no problems(was going uphill for like 5 mins not too steep at all), after 10-20 minutes, i will be half throttle and usually when i push it to full I will feel the impulse like its got more power, this time it just stayed at the same speed and going a little uphill just got to the point where it couldn’t continue anymore. I turned off the board and control and turned them back on and bam power was back but then it lost it again. Has this happened to anyone? Battery was at 50%. Using Space cell 3 , exertion standard vest, exertion 6372 r spec and gt2b control. Here are my specs.

turn up your motor max current to 60A turn your battery max current to 50A

1 Like

Do you set the battery max current to match the batteries constant current capability or its peak current capability?

constant, otherwise it could damage the battery

Sorry those specs were outdated. The current motor max is at 60A the battery was at 40A. So i put the battery at 50A anything else I might need to change?

did you solder on female 5.5mm bullets yet? Or are you still plugging the bare leads into the male connectors?

they are soldered.

battery cut off start is really high.

set it at 33v

I’m having the same issue. Same problem with braking that you mentioned in another post too. Tried a bunch of different settings and matched Runplayback’s who has my exact setup and still having the same problems.

My brakes cut out when my battery is fully charged. Same thing, brakes for a fraction of a second, then nothing. I tested it with my computer attached and was able to get a fault reading. Once I’m below 90%, my brakes work fine at -40 regen.

For power cutting out, my VESC is running hot. Heatsinks helped, but haven’t solved the issue. Working with Enertion support to try and figure it out, but haven’t found a solution yet. They said they haven’t seen any such issues and to open up a thread to see if anyone in the community has any insight. So far no resolution, but since it seems you are experiencing something similar it might help us get to the bottom of this.

Here’s my thread: http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/braking-issue-with-fully-charged-battery/6730

Yup you are having the same Issues I am. The brakes work fine after adjusting the max input voltage. Still having the loose of Power issue. Will try again tonight with @onloop recommendation of bat max

UPDATE: I went cruising after having adjust the VESC settings like @onloop suggested. Motor max current : 60 A, battery max current: 50A and battery cutoff start 33 V. Everything was going fine and after about 15-20 minutes starrted going uphill and again I was litle throttle in and went full throttle and no change it kept getting slower and slower. I stepped off the board for about 5 minutes and went on flat and it was working fine again… I really don’t know what else to try but this is getting frustrated since I haven’t been able to enjoy the board ever since I got it. Any suggestions? Battery was at 40%.

If it’s anything like what has been happening to me with my single 6374 motor then it could well be the VESC overheating when going up longer hills. If you haven’t already, then put some heatsinks on your VESC. From my experience, FOC mode seems to produce noticeably less heat than BLDC mode but you run the risk of getting a DRV fault like many others in this forum have, including myself.

1 Like

sounds like you need some heat sinks

1 Like

Anyone can tell me some vesc settings to prevent this overhearting issue? I dont care if I loose power.

answer these questions.

rider weight? wheel size? wheel pulley teeth? motor pulley teeth?

ALSO, picture of your setup.

Have you watched this?

I have watched it. Was riding only flat today and it happened. @onloop

170 lbs 83mm Enertion 12m pulley Enertion 6372 r motor Enertion space cell 3 with enertion enclosing Enertion vesc

Pictures of vesc settings in original thread.

1 Like

Have you run some bench tests on this? Didn’t you recent have to pull the motor apart?-- have you done another motor detection since?

that was my friends motor. I havent. How do I do that?

I wouldnt have thought for your weight it wouldnt have an issue going up hills. Those motors are torque.

It happened on flat today…