Unknown Hall error: 255

Yeah the connector and wire order is fine, hmmm I would make sure that when you plug it into the vesc the wires are fully seated in the connector sockets, I’ve seen sometimes they get pushed up a bit and cause isssues

1 Like

I really don’t get why it would work on FOC but not BLDC. I’m just stumped. DIY is nice but sometimes, debugging stuff is painful. I wish it was as easy as debugging software :sweat_smile:

Can I just use the hall table found in FOC and put them manually in BLDC ?

I’ll try to do those steps http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/unknown-hall-error-255/37058/61?u=louwii tomorrow and see if there’s something unusual.

The values are different you can’t swap them, and the FOC sensor test is different, I’ve seen that happen before where bldc doesn’t detect and FOC does

1 Like

Hello guys :wave: Did you already solved the 255 Hall Sensor Problem ? I had the same Error Code 255 under Bldc Sensor detection with one of my 90mm Maytech Hubs. Under the foc detection the sensors worked fine, realy unexplainable for me. Now it works. I only switched two of the three cables from the motor. Now the motor was spinning backwards and I set the value of invert motor detection on true that the motor can spin in the right direction. Everything is fine now and I‘m running in Bldc Hybrid Mode now. Hope this helps someone, nearly got mad about this problem :wink:

Ok I’m confused. I’m having that “unknown hall error: 255” problem

I have two motors from @scepterr One detected fine. And another gives this error. Wires are the same on both. Any ideas?

Maybe try it in Foc. I had a hall sensor failure on my motors one worked on the bldc tool then switched to ack’s tool and neither worked and I thought I screwed up my focboxes or motors. Put it in Foc and both motor sensors picked up first try

My pack is 12s. Fried a FocBox last time around. Not gonna mix 12s and FOC for now. I just closed everything up and running sensorless BLDC for now.

I always kick off so I guess it’s not much of an issue.

I also finished reinstalling my CarvOn Raptor this morning in Sensored FOC with zero issues. Makes me wonder if it’s the motor or sensor itself

1 Like

Try the increasing the duty, that worked for me on maytech hubs I’m playing with, I was getting the same error, I got so frustrated with the detection I started using the wizard to wipe config & start again, it’s actually dammed good.

I had to go really high with the duty, maybe something about the type of sensors maytech use

2 Likes

How high did you have to go? I’m having no luck detecting a dark matter motor… also on 12s so don’t want to risk foc.

0.14 per screen

I tried. Went all the way up to .20!

The other motor worked at .10 I’m really thinking the sensor is the problem

1 Like

Try the foc sensor detection, it will give you a more detailed hall table

Try a shorter usb cable, it worked for me. Had the exact same issue

Same here, detection happened but there was a complaint about one of the values, time for the multimeter compadre

1 Like

Fraid not, his other one using the same cable was fine

So what do I do with the multimeter. Just check each wire’s voltage?

Definitely not the wire length since I setup three out of four motors. Swapped vesc as well so it more likely the motor or sensor.

@scepterr when you get get better, let me know in PM If you have any suggestions

That was the same case for me. One box had no issues but the other did not like the long usb.

Most likely we had different issues.

I’m going to use @Martinsp’s method to zero in on the problem sensor/wire

1 Like

How does your motor act while detection?

Just got the dreaded unknown hall error 255… What was the fix for this besides risking run foc… :joy::joy: