Universal Advanced VESC Remote Control (Photon) - Custom design

Thanks for all of the info, really appreciate it. The only thing that you didn’t answer for me that maybe I just didn’t explain properly based on how you answered it… on the casing question, I wasn’t asking about a casing for the receiver (even though I would love to have one for it as well if possible) but I was asking if and when you are going to be switching the change the casing on the actual remote to the slimmer / sleeker looking one that I have seen on a couple threads as well as a random website or two… I’ve includeda pic just in case I’m still not making sense…

LMK when you can and thanks so much again for all your help. Depending on what your answer is I could be ready as soon as my next reply back to you.

Thanks in advance and Talk soon brotha,

Photon

It would be great to do a complete makeover of the casing such that it looks like the Evolve R2 remote …

1 Like

@Giba Yes it’s in this batch, I’m currently finishing up some testing and then it will be ready for shipping. I also got new antennas, smaller and compact IMG_1224 IMG_1235

@Jansen I see now what you meant. The current version of the Photon is at it’s smallest form. There is a slight difference in the design but the remote overall is very thin and small 47%20AM IMG_1236

@anon42702729 Oh man, the Evolve R2 design is just awful :laughing: I never liked it.

1 Like

Niiiice! That does look really good, thanks for the clarification. I think I’m sold. Have any / most of the bugs (if any) been worked out of the OS and/or how is it running / how d o you like the final product.

If I order today like Im thinking whats the lead time to get to me in Southern California USA? 92807

Thanks for your replies brotha, really appreciate it

1 Like

Glad to hear that! Most of the bugs have been fixed, software has been highly optimized throughout the year, most of the receiver flaws have also been addressed, and I can say the hardware is at its final version right now. Lead time is about 2 weeks, all current units that I have right now are sold, but I have another batch already in production and should be received is 2 weeks or less.

2 Likes

Any plans of making a trigger style version?

1 Like

Remotes are ready, the only thing taking time right now is 3D printing… IMG_1256 IMG_1257 IMG_1255 IMG_1254

If you have pre-ordered, and can access a 3D printer, and don’t want to wait for the covers to be 3D printed, PM me or send me an email and I will send you the electronics and .STL files.

6 Likes

@Wajdi, is my reciever coming soon?

Yes, should be ready this week. I also published the .stl files for the Photon casing on thingiverse :+1:

And also on my website:

2 Likes

Hi,

Do you have any updates on the cases and shipping? Can’t wait to get this on my hands… All the rest of my build is ready!

Congrats for the great work btw!

Cheers, Ricardo

1 Like

Does anyone know if this remote will work with the Raptor 2?

@Mickyboy have you tested? As changing the firmware on the Raptor 2 is no option.

Reverse function, cruise control, out-of-the-box? Just switching the receiver? Sounds to good to be true!

Will changing between FOC and BLDC be possible (in the future). Changing Amp settings etc? Removing the need for a smartphone!!

Currently packing up the remotes, all done.

@jadatmag Yes it should work with the Raptor 2, just plug the receiver, its that simple.

Probably in the future I will introduce those features as a software update.

7 Likes

OMG do you have a spare one in this batch???

I have a new batch coming up in about a week.

NONONONONONO kick someone from the que, I don’t care. I’m ordering RIGHT NOW

edit: Might be a stupid question to ask after ordering, but will this work with the Focbox unity? @Wajdi Because I’m planning to upgrade as I’m going to be receiving it for free.

:joy: Thank you for your order :+1: Yes its compatible with Focbox unity because it uses the same open source firmware by Vedder.

1 Like

Share your secret… :joy: how does one receive a unity for free?:thinking:

Probably ordered a Rapter and built up store credit of $100 per month for delayed shipment!

I was getting a warranty replacement. It got stuck at customs in The Czech Republic for 3 months along with 37 other boards (mostly normal orders). So they decided to send us free Unity’s.

People who ordered way later then the people with a board in the stuck batch were already receiving their Raptor 2’s.

In the end my warranty replacement took 5 months. And I had to put serious effort in to get those 5 months waiting time compensated with extra warranty. (It isn’t standard practice for Enertion to compensate waiting time for warranty repairs and replacements. Even if that means u lose 5 months of your 12 months warranty period.

1 Like

Update on shipping?