Universal Advanced VESC Remote Control (Photon) - Custom design

@Wajdi with .42 photon firmware on new style receiver with whip antenna and using Acks 3.38 firmware I am unable to perform a ppm pulselength map. I can see the green graph raise up and down as the joystick is moved but not in the input setup wizzard app. I am receiving data on the remote such as V, A, P, ect.

Also, with the A.Off setting on the remote turned on , after the set time is reached it turns off as designed. Then when trying to turn back on it will flash the screen and not turn back on until the battery plug connection is reset.

Any ideas?

It is recommended to use UART control, if you still want to use the PPM port, set control to ADC.

With some elbow grease and effort, the casing can be made to look like an injection molded piece. 20180617_135832

12 Likes

How did you give it a matte finish?

1 Like

He said ā€˜elbow greeseā€™, lol :wink:

1 Like

Take a look at my thread on how to smooth out 3D prints.

1 Like

Is this remote still not compatible with @Ackmaniacā€™s firmware v3.101?

Iā€™d love to get this remote for the turn signal functionality, but only if I can still use ESC Monitor with BT on the slave to change settings on the go like I do with acks firmware.

@Deckoz mentioned using ackmaniacs firmware with this remoteā€¦ Any update from you by chance?

1 Like

@skatardude10 I have seen several using Ack firmware successfully with Photon remote however I did not test it personally. Maybe someone who is using Ack Fw can confirm.

1 Like

Good to know, thanks man!

When is the new casing for the photon going to be coming out, If i pre-order now will I get the new one you posted a while back?

If you are referring to this, itā€™s a new control panel, unrelated to the Photon remote, more information about it here Proton- Digital Instrument and Control Panel Touch Screen - #95 by mackann - ESK8 Electronics - Electric Skateboard Builders Forum | Learn How to Build your own E-board

Does anyone else have a problem with the remote taking a long time to pair with the board when turning on, if I take the enclosure off and short the bind pins it works but that is a dick around.

If I leave the remote sitting on the board for a while Iā€™ll come back and it will be connected, shouldnā€™t it connect straight away?

@JasperM It should auto pair right away every time you power on the board. What version are you running on the remote?

Im running the latest FW.

I just came back from a ride where it stoppped working half way through, before my ride I had to remove the enclosure and bind again.

Ive just removed the enclosure to investigate and have found that the antenna square thingy has fallen off the receiver. How is it secured to the pcb, it almost looks it was only held on by the hot glue gun glue. 15344999042286063617919371833600 1534499951658121047470031952701

1 Like

That explains the pairing issues, seems like a bad solder joints. I will receive a new version of the receiver by the end of this month, and I will send you a new replacement.

1 Like

Cool, is the silver square thingy only held down on one side? If so can it be secured all round?

Yes currently only held on one side, new versions will have it secured from the sides also.

@Wajdi gā€™day mate hope you count my remote and receiver on these batch as I cannot wait no more to use these highly demanding awesome remote :slightly_smiling_face: See my last email just to remind youimage

@Giba Yes yours is in it.

Hey guys, Just a quick update, a newer version of the Photon is currently in production. Improved receiver design, now with micro USB to update software. New NRF modules with FCC certification. Binding using a micro button instead of jumper. Hardware improvement of the remote, now with hard reset function.

Receiver

18%20PM

Remote

39%20PM

For everyone that has a preorder pending, you will get the latest version shipped in about 8-10 business days.

8 Likes