Universal Advanced VESC Remote Control (Photon) - Custom design

I got tracking info on the 30th but its still in pre-shipment.

I hope mine got checked for the issues others have been having. That would be a good thing to do before dropping the package off lol Very excited

1 Like

Yep, i ordered around the same time as you. I wonder how long it’ll actually take to the doorstep, my board is all ready and is just missing a remote!

1 Like

I think that it is better to ship after resolving the problem firmly. It is meaningless to receive the product in the condition of a defect. There is no choice but to wait for Wajdi’s correspondence.

1 Like

I got him by email. He told me he is busy actually and he don’t have time to connect on the forum. You should send him an email (he is replying quite fast).

Hopefully i’ll Get my remote one day (seems he sent it for the third time last week)…

Hey guys, Sorry I was away for a while, I didn’t catch up on all inquiries yet, but I have an update to announce. FW0.41 is now released

• Fixes White/Black screen problems
  • Permanently fixing boot up issues.

I completely removed MCU sleep mode, and instead reducing power by putting the display and nrf modules to sleep. This fixes the boot up problem, at a slight cost of more power consumption during Off mode. The White/black screen issue was introduced on FW 0.4, it is now fixed on 0.41.

V0.41 is also release for older HW. Older HW is any PCB other than white color. Firmware can be found here http://forum.eboardshop.net/t/firmware-update-download/59

Also All orders that received confirmation last week, will have this firmware already installed. I shipped some today and will ship the rest in the next few days.

6 Likes

Remote control has been restored by Ver 0.41. good job!

Well, I’m closely watching this product. It looks promising, once they comb out the few bugs and obviously improve the delivery timeframe.

Is there a link with a BOM and PCB design files?

I would like to build it myself, thanks.

Ok so ive lost my mind. Spent like 4hrs trying to get remote to work w vesc6. Photon FW .4 vesc6 FW 3.38. Followed all the directions, when u say switch rx/tx pins assuming the cables which was done then switched back then back again. Binded and rebinded multipe times. Then the black screen issue. Took remote apart removed battery plugged back in and it booted. Then tried again and it didnt work. Decided to update to FW .41 on photon got that to work however it is no longer binded after update so i tried that and after FW upgrade it will no longer bind. Here is set up. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

Oh yeah na that aligator clip you are using to hold the receiver is probebly shorting a couple components out ://

1 Like

It doesnt clamp very well and its only touching the 2 pins i used it on fw .4 and it worked 3x successfully.

1 Like

Here is what you need to do to get this working: 1.Swap Tx and Rx pins on one end only of the cable 2. Use PhotonFW4.1r.bin http://forum.eboardshop.net/t/firmware-update-download/59 3. Everything should work fine.

Hey wajdi,

Last night remote was at ~93%. I turned it off and unplugged it from usb. Wnent out to garage today to grab and take a spin it was at ~9%. I plugged in it jumped to ~22% immediately…went on a 2 mile ride came back it was at ~17%. Any idea whats going on there?

Thanks

Hey Jps224psu, Battery lifetime will be improved in V0.42, I temporarily disabled sleep mode to fix some boot up issues, however I will restore it soon and battery lifetime will be extended.

New FW update 0.42 now available. Restored sleep mode, reducing power consumption significantly. http://forum.eboardshop.net/t/firmware-update-download/59

3 Likes

Hi guys,

I am finnaly trying to use my Photon that arrived a little while back. I have downloaded the updater but when I try to run the .exe it says that I am missing VCRUNTIME140.dll and MSVCP140.dll. My computer runs these two error messages twice and says that reinstalling the program may help. I just extracted the folder to my desktop. Where can I get these two .dll files?

What Ver. does it show on the remote menu? Chances are you already have the latest firmware. If not, to solve your problem you need to download the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

It says Ver. 4.

Also I seem to have flicked something in the menu and now the screen is black when plugged into my computer, I have not yet powered on my board with the receiver.

Update to v0.42 and let me know if you encounter any difficulties.

I downloaded it but it says I already have it and that I should remove the old version, I did a search and have 16 visual C++ from 2005 through to 20015. should I remove all of them and install the one that you lined to?