Universal Advanced VESC Remote Control (Photon) - Custom design

When doing 80% of speed, the first 80% of throttle doesn’t get ignored, it might feel like it, but it’s not, it does still deliver current to the motor, but not more than what you are currently using. If you are doing 80% of speed, and give only 40% throttle, your speed will slowly slow down until you get to cruising speed to 40%.

Adn what happens when you go 40% speed and give only 40% throttle. Will it keep that speed even when you go up or down a hill?

Throttle works/feels the same as my ppm nano remote. So not sure what the fuss is about.

1 Like

If you have cruise control activated then yes, giving 40% throttle will keep you cruising at 40% speed even when going uphill or downhill.

Not talking about cruise. Does 40% throttle result in 40% motor amps or 40% speed? Or in other words, does 40% throttle simulate 40% ppm throttle signal to the vesc or does your remote calculate the ppm signal based on speed?

That’s how I feel, i feel like it’s completely ignored. I think it’s not safe because if i need to accelerate i don’t really know at wich point it will push the throttle.
So it’s hard to anticipate the acceleration. For me it’s safer if you can have full control at any speed without any deadzone on the remote except the middle point, at any given time.

I’m trying to be as clear as possible but my english is limited. What I say is not nonsense

Every remote I’ve ever used behaves this way, I really can’t figure out what your looking for but I’m fairly certain it doesn’t exist.

1 Like

The GT2B does not work like that and is kind of the standart for years Or even the nano remote, or the nano- X

Do you have deadband set on both the remote AND the esc?

As I highly recommend turning deadband on the remote off completely, and running max sensitivity - max sensitivity and no deadband on the remote translates to direct input like the nano/mini. I know what you mean…I felt the same at first. But I think I made a post about this delayed engagement feeling Early in this thread.

Setup throttle curves and deadband on the vesc and set the remote to be setup for direct input.

Let me know @ElskerShadow

1 Like

Just to add to what others suggested, sensitivity option was removed in FW 0.2 and up, and input is direct since then.

1 Like

I guess I don’t understand what you are saying.

On my Nano-X if I am 30% into the throttle and I let off, then re-apply the throttle I have to get back to the speed at which Im currently at before I ‘feel’ a response from the throttle. I probably didn’t say that very well, but I’m just really having a hard time understanding what your asking.

This makes a world of difference.

Now as long as your not double deadbanding you should be fine @ElskerShadow

2 Likes

Just to ask about pre orders; I only ordered mine about two weeks ago, are you saying that mine might be one of those shipped (to UK) or is there a stepped system of order batches, from certain cut off points? Just asking , I’m patient :grin:

Yours will probably be included in this batch as well, I have enough parts to cover all current pre orders.

On the same note, check out the new PCBs, this time they are milky white, and they look so cool

11 Likes

Looks nice, though I noticed there’s still no pads on the support holes for the microusb

2 Likes

Thanks, those pcbs were ordered before we discussed the pads.

2 Likes

no worries anyone can fix! :slight_smile: I ordered mine late feb… can’t wait!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @Wajdi - I tried hooking up the remote last night and it wasnt connecting to the vescs. By “tried hooking up the remote” i mean i literally just plugged it in to the vesc and turned it on.

So I’m sure I’m just skipping a very basic step(s) of setup, but do you have some sort of a step-by-step setup guide to follow?

@lennylogs Can you show me a picture of your connection?