Universal Advanced VESC Remote Control (Photon) - Custom design

Do you know which one it is? I’m trying to order a pack

If your in a hurry to use it I can’t remember if it’s 2.0mm or 2.54mm

2.0mm 6pin https://www.ebay.com/i/2628953986463

2.54mm 6pin eBay4

10 SETS JST XH 2.54MM 6 Pin Female Double Connector with Flat Cable 200MM USA …

10 SETS JST XH 2.54MM 6 Pin Female & Female Connector plug with Wires Cable 200MM. | eBay!

1 Like

@scepterr Lol, I never thought about that :grin:, you just discovered a hidden feature, never anticipated someone would pull backward when it says push forward haha :smiley: The coating looks clean!

@Mattmccrary8 the cable is JST PH 2.0 MM 6 Pin Female Double Connector.

1 Like

Hey @Mattmccrary8 sorry man didn’t see this. As wajdi said it’s 2.0mm pins :slight_smile:

1 Like

A little preview for how bad ass this remote is.

9 Likes

Hey mate, Is there an update?

Not trying to be pushy, I just wanna start tinkering.

Cheers

@SkaterBoy58 @Deckoz

Can anyone help me with getting this bad boy to work? I’ve been working with @Wajdi but we’re struggling to figure out why the remote isn’t bringing throttle to my board. I’m running dual vesc 6 in foc sensored via canbus. I’ve attached pics of my vesc settings. The remote binds to the reciever and shows the green dot but won’t relay any throttle to my motors nor show telemetry.

Was running 3.34 but updated 3.35 at Wajdi’s recommendation. He says everything looks good and should work but it’s not. :[

Appreciate any help I can get.

![IMG_0199|666x500]

1 Like

@danggilmore both @Deckoz and myself tried the modified vesc 3.35FW with the remote about a week ago with no success - see posts above . Wajdi was going to look into it .

@Wajdi - Any update on your findings on your 3.35FW ?

He is using stock fw 3.35, not the modified one, because he has an updated receiver. Regarding the old receivers, I suggest running 2.54, because so much has changed since then, and its hard to keep compatibility, newer receivers support FW 3.3x and up, but not lower.

So the real question is

Post up the receiver firmware so we can update the receivers via AVR or ASP

Sure, you can update the firmware if you have a jtag programmer, you will also need atmel studio 7.

Have both on :raised_hand:

The programmer I use is SEGGER 8.08.90 J-LINK, I will post the firmware here shortly http://forum.eboardshop.net/t/firmware-update-download/59

1 Like

What chipset adapter are you using and/or the pinout for the jtag block header. I’m guessing the silk 1 is pin one on the right?

1 Like

Yes, silk 1 indicates pin 1 of the header.

1 Like

Nice dude. :slight_smile:

Btw guys @danggilmore solved his issue, I’m putting this here so anyone with same issue knows the solution, it turned out VESC 6 has TX and RX pins swapped on the UART port, if anyone is using VESC 6 all you need to do is swap those two pins on the UART cable and you are good to go.

2 Likes

@Wajdi is the man! spent hours with me working through this. what a boss! :]

2 Likes

After months of struggle the remote works, it worked in 1,5 sec with the new reciever @Wajdi so it was indeed hardware related

4 Likes