Universal Advanced VESC Remote Control (Photon) - Custom design

If I have the remote plugged in to a single focbox, can I have a Bluetooth module plugged in somewhere?

Not on a single focboxā€¦

@Wajdi ā€¦ I had to install my nano remote today as I cannot get 3.100 or your 3.35 working properly. And cannot bring myself to go back to 2.54 with USBā€¦

I hope you can get this working soon. Without custom firmware.

1 Like

Mine should be coming today/tomorrow Iā€™ll be using it on ESCape on 3.1 but Iā€™ll test it out on a focbox as well.

Share your results when you have them !

2 Likes

@Deckoz What worked and didnt work for you on modified 3.35 FW? Cheers

@Deckoz I will be looking into this again today, to go back to 2.54 just unplug the receiver before turning on your VESC. It is working without any custom firmware, but only on the newer receiver versions.

@scepterr Yours have the latest receiver version, which should work out of the box with the new firmwares. The new receivers support fw from 3.24 and up.

@JasperM You canā€™t plug them both at the same with what we have so far, because they both need UART port, and only one can be connected at the time.

Basically everything you said

I run FOC sensored. And couldnā€™t get foc detection working on his 3.35. still see 255.2 and no telemetry.

I have these issues, as well Im really not one to ride untested firmware so even if this was working there is very little chance I would run this firmware over Ackmaniac 3.100

So thereā€™s two sides of the fenceā€¦I could go back to 2.54 and be perfectly fine with this remote. But I cannot wirelessly configure the vescs over a tcp bridge.

As simple as this argument soundsā€¦ having a enclosure that is bolted up and I can configure everything from is better then going back to 2.54 trying to setup the escs with the board half disassembled make shift wires and such just to run the remote.

I think it is best to stick with 2.54 for now since itā€™s tested and fully compatible with older receivers.

1 Like

Photon arrived just now, charging it up :yum:

@Wajdi is the remote PCB coated? Noticed the receiver wasnā€™t, already coated that with polyurethane :wink:

2 Likes

Nice! Pcbs are not coated, so you might wanna be careful with water exposure.

No worries, I coat every pcb with this

3 Likes

Nice - hey would you use this on the pcb of your esc too? Thinking my FOCBOXs might benefit from a couple of blasts of this!

Yep first thing I do

4 Likes

You just straight up spray over all that and no damage is made to the esc ?

Lol itā€™s made to protect and insulate the electronics, so no :yum:

All my BMS, receivers, remotes, voltage indicators, leds

1 Like

Just got 2 focbox Might have to do this to them Thanks for the tip

1 Like

Having that coating could even save you from manufacturer defects that could get worse with vibration since that basically glues everything down

1 Like

How does it behave when you try to solder over it or to use hot air station? Does it catch fire like standard urethane or it acts like flux?

Cant really solder over it, gotta scrape it off , never seen it catch fire

2 Likes

@Wajdi if I want to power the receiver independently how much current can it handle passing to the LEDs, 3-4A total ok? And if I do that do I still need the ground going to the vesc?