Universal Advanced VESC Remote Control (Photon) - Custom design

What Android app are you referring too? Also what are the PPM wires for?

Um anything like metr or ackmaniac firmware? So you can change settings on the go?

Or wirelessly change settings from your computer? The Bluetooth has nothing to do with the remote

I thought we were able to change settings over the remote alsoā€¦

you can change remote settings with the remoteā€¦

2 Likes

That picture is infinitely useful to me, lol. THANKS

4 Likes

The remote letā€™s you change settings important to the remote. Like your drive ratioā€¦and things like that

You cannot setup a motor or change wattage or amperage n the remote you need bldc/vesc tool, metr or ackmaniac firmware, or metr Bluetooth as a tcp bridge to vesc tool to do configuration without a usb cable

Oh thatā€™s freaking sweet! And you can access both VESC this way, or does it just make the settings apply for both VESC as you change them? Thatā€™s too bad we canā€™t access that app over the remote so you could change things both for the remote, and the VESC as well.

Also, sorry to keep asking, but what are the PPM cables for?

You just enable CAN FWD with the numerical ID of the ESC that you set (ie master = 0, slave = 1ā€¦ You have to set this as default is 0 on all esc, donā€™t expect this to magically work)

So can fwd = 1 would show me the settings of the slaveā€¦

Ppm is the servo leads in my picture that arenā€™t connected (redblackwhite)

Yeah I know what they are in the pic, but what does a servo lead do is what Iā€™m trying to find out.

Regular remotes use PPMā€¦

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuFDMBbnvktPiYqm6emEu5gKTdgiC6yv_Oe6dIrMnqHgGUTkYSVA

2 Likes

The PPM wires connect to a normal RC receiver. Thatā€™s how most people send their throttle/brake signals to the VESC. Theyā€™re also called servo leads because a) PPM signals are what you control servos with (though technically itā€™s a form of PWM), b) servos use the same three wires (power, ground, signal) and c) servos use the same type of plug.

@JasperM I have been fulfilling many pre-orders last week, and yours is coming up shortly. @uigiroux Iā€™m doing my best to get done with pre-orders soon, every time I try to have some in stock, they sell quickly. I have a new batch in progress with approximately 12 openings right now, for a wait time of about 1 week.

@LEE Pm me your order number, I recently sent tracking numbers for a large portion of pre-orders queue. Yes the combined max output should not exceed 1A, they are 5V. It is recommended to run your own power supply for the LEDs tho.

@Darklinks Sorry I have been very busy last week. I fulfilled several orders, and yours should be ready tomorrow and shipped on Wednesday.

@uigiroux I didnā€™t get the chance yet to test the new VESC6 clone, but chances are you still need the Photon receiver. Photon connection uses FHSS, the receiver has the sync algorithm in place to resolve it. About the double VESC setup, it is easier to just use CAN bus, I didnā€™t test connecting the receiver to two ESCs at the same time. The remote however does support multiple receivers, so you can do that as well.

2 Likes

Zip ties on the Bluetooth :face_with_monocle: shoulda thought of that.

1 Like

Cheers mate,

Thanks for the update.

@Wajdi any update or communication with @Ackmaniac to get the photon working on 3.100?

Cool hope to get it soon :grimacing:

Not yet. Iā€™m testing all official FW versions today.

3 Likes

Hi,

Itā€™s not easy to get in touch with you :stuck_out_tongue: I never got the confirmation email for my order (#248). Seems your system donā€™t like .at domain names :slight_smile: Is it possible to get an update on my order and update the email address (see my message on messenger)

Anyway, congrats for yur incredible job. Iā€™m pretty sure there is a huge potential for electric engines remotes !

Thanks, Zigm4

I had the same problem when I ordered I couldnā€™t see my order and had no confirmation mail either But the order was there so donā€™t worry too much I think