Universal Advanced VESC Remote Control (Photon) - Custom design

@SkaterBoy58 The latest vesc firmware is not supported yet, but its an easy fix, I will PM you a modified firmware to solve the problem.

3 Likes

I havenā€™t tried my new RX yet, but in the bench I walked 40 feet away and it still work Ed perfectly with zero lag. Thatā€™s with the enclosure mounted.

2 Likes

Iā€™m send big you a video but I have no idea whatā€™s going on

Me too as Iā€™m on ack 3.100 across everything instead of 2.54. Now. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Hopefully the firmware update does this?)

Wadji
If I put +12v external supply on +5V pin - wont that put this 12V supply back on VESC 5V circuitry with not good consequences?

You can only use +12v external supply on the receiver +5v pin if its disconnected from the vesc. To disconnect it from the vesc you can unpin it from the UART cable.

@Deckoz I think Ack firmware should work fine, but I did not test it tho.

So how would I get one of these once finalized? New to the forum and e boarding in general. The work youā€™ve done on this is amazing

You should be able to order one on http://eboardshop.net/product/advanced-electric-skateboard-remote/

Thanks alot! The remote looks awesome. Canā€™t wait

Wadji
maybe a good hint to include in your mega guide re cutting +5V from vesc if using external supply for leds!

@Wajdi

hi,

purchased 5 days ago. sent you an e-mail for an estimated ship date and havnā€™t gotten a response. sent another e-mail this morning.

i would think i would deserve a response after purchasing a 100+ dollar remoteā€¦

thanks.

1 Like

They take about three weeks dudeā€¦ itā€™ll be ok.

3 Likes

iā€™m not stressin bout lead time. i got plenty of time. i just feel that not responding is kinda lame. when you spend hard earned money, communication is what you deserve. IMO

1 Like

Imo heā€™s done a shit ton for this community by making a whole new remote. Heā€™s constantly working on updates and how he can improve the product, so just sit back and wait, its the same with other vendorsā€¦

4 Likes

This is my problem with some members of the community and why i keep to myself sometimes but not today, the main point is that you have no idea, even how to IMAGINE or where to START a project like this and because you paid the man some miserable amount of money for him to make a FAVOR for you, because this is what this remote is for the community, now you come to throw some dirt by calling his attitude LAME and act like you are deserving because he can not respond back to you immediately. If your hard earn money is so important just send me your PayPal and Iā€™ll refund your payment but you will have to just leave the man alone until he get back to you when he can.

14 Likes

Agreed and many times over. This is not Amazon, people who have been on the forum as long as everyone on this thread seems to be, know better.

1 Like

I love mineā€¦it was well worth the wait.

But I still wanna get step files to Mill the case from aluminum :frowning:

1 Like

Thatā€™s a frikkin weapon :grinning:

1 Like

@kaly

i didnā€™t throw any dirt but im about tooā€¦ to you and you only.

i NEVER said his attitude was lame. iā€™ve never spoken to him so how can i make a judgement on him or his character. i said ā€œnot responding is kinda lameā€ and i do think i deserve a response after spending over a hundred dollars. like i said IMO. which means in my opinion. i wasnā€™t attacking anyone such as your attacking me.

heā€™s made a company with a website and a product. this isnā€™t a favor. itā€™s a business transaction. i have the utmost respect for what heā€™s made and appreciate him in the community or else i wouldnā€™t have purchased.

why donā€™t you go back to reddit and argue with more customers like iā€™ve seen on mulitple occasionsā€¦?

iā€™ve been nothing but positive and supportive to every person iā€™ve ever interacted with on this forum. if you think throwing dirt is asking for a responseā€¦your not worth the two minutes i took typing this.

thanks for your input ERNIE. first and only response KALY NYC will ever hear from me.

good day sir.

2 Likes

Deckoz - Do you know what VESC FWs the new receiver is compatible with? Cheers