Universal Advanced VESC Remote Control (Photon) - Custom design

Hi, I really love your remote, but i have a similar issue like @banjaxxed. 40$ shipping plu toll an tax in Europe is getting near 200$ then, thats not in my budget right now. Still i understand the effort you put in and the price you demand.

i might wait until the remote has proofen stability and saved up some money. maybe you could also find some cheaper shipping option for us europeans. I recently paied 35$ for a 5kg ebike-kit from US, so there must be an cheaper option.

greets Notger

Is the final product 3D printed or not?

Yes it’s 3D printed

So the final finish will look more like the remote in the video than the pics at the top of the thread?

@Wajdi have you considered a disassembled, print your own case option?

@Mickyboy What pictures are you referring to? @scepterr I might offer that option as well if enough people are interested.

I’m definitely interested, what do you think the price would be?

It would save about 10$ off the original price.

At $99 I would do it, at $10 off might as well get it assembled with the case even if just to have the case to spare if you print your own

Also would it technically be possible to make an auxillary display communicating with the same transciever showing some limited stats that would be board mounted. Configuration would be done from the remote

These photos. If the end product looks as polished as that then I’m all in.

I too would like to see a closer look at the finish of the plastic housing.

I’m interested too in that option, the cheaper the Prive the less Toll we Europeans have to pay.

Notger

PCBs are in! So fresh and shiny. Time to start the final assembly.

7 Likes

I have my finger hovering above the “buy” button! Just waiting to see how the final product actually looks and performs.

I ordered a new 3D printer, it should arrive sometime this week. Enclosure quality will improve significantly! I can’t wait to try it out.

3 Likes

I hear that 3D printer settings can make a big difference too. Here’s hoping it looks like a premium product.

Hmm, still loving that remote.

again my suggestion for us Europeans: This is a DIY-community, so most here are DIY people. please offer a DIY Kit. with all needed parts but enclosure for self printing. that should also lower the shipping cost, might fit in a envolope actually

greets Notger

@notger I decided to start selling parts as a DIY kit, since many are interested. That way people will have the freedom to do whatever they like, it will also decrease the overall price. I will update the shop sometime this weekend or next week to add the new options.:+1: @Mickyboy Yes definitely! I have been experimenting with the printer settings for a long time until I found the perfect values. I probably wasted around 30 remote prints, no joke :joy:

2 Likes

Thanks for all your effort and time! Can’t wait to see the final product! If this turns out to be a winner, I will certainly spread the word!

I’ve got a Formlabs Form2 printer which produces aesthetically perfect prints, would love to give the casing a go on that. Could even do a small run for the community using the ‘Tough’ resin which matches ABS strength.

4 Likes