Universal Advanced VESC Remote Control (Photon) - Custom design

Everything assembled together and prototype almost done!

29 Likes

Please, TAKE MY MONEY!!! in a 5 year olds vioce: I want it!!!

3 Likes

Oh boy!! Sick!!! How much my friend? :slight_smile:

Any chance of an early adopter’s (read: beta) discount? :wink:

I NEED ONE. 10 chars

I need another remote like I need trepanning, better get the drill ready

Well done!! I love your display and the interface you have made, looks very cool :smile: I am making my own remote based on an Arduino and a Hall Effect sensor, with a small OLED screen (128×32px). I would like your opinion on it some time!

I am curious to know if you have encountered any problems with the trigger button? Are you using a standard tacktile button or some other solution? All tacktile buttons I have tested seems to have a “deadzone” after it clicks where it doesnt conducts. Any thoughts on this?

Thank you guys for the positive feedback! @solidgeek Thank you! I saw your project and it looks awesome, I love the orange/black combination :grinning: I might try that, I have some orange filament left from other projects. Regarding your tactile problem. it seems weird, I’m using regular push buttons and didn’t have any issue, the only thing I can think of are pullups/pulldowns, perhaps your pin is floating causing inconsistent readings.

Thanks! Yeah, the orange definitely gives it some character :stuck_out_tongue: !

A floating pin was also my first thought, however, I am using Arduinos INPUT_PULLUP, so that should not be the problem. Thanks for the advice! I have ordered a few new buttons to try, hopefully, they work :wink:

Good luck with your remote, it is truly a masterpiece! :smiley:

Bench testing my prototype build, check it out :wink:

11 Likes

2 Likes

No offence, but it seems to have a slow response to throttle inputs.

2 Likes

@Ackmaniac Maybe the baud rate is too low?

Hey @Wajdi awesome stuff so far, really appreciate the addition of an add on antenna for the receiver but I wonder why you used rp-sma connector and not a IPEX1 or IPEX4 which is common on RC receivers? Its the same antenna as the one you showed but without the protective sheaf and a much smaller connector.

If the connector is too expensive or hard to get alternatively you can just directly solder, but not as easy for most people. This is whats on the GT2B receiver.

https://www.amazon.com/NIDICI-IPEX4-Feeder-Antenna-Receiver/dp/B01M2BR2ZD/ref=pd_sbs_21_4?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01M2BR2ZD&pd_rd_r=80C3C0JH6RPC5FAZG3M3&pd_rd_w=MmKlu&pd_rd_wg=Bfolt&psc=1&refRID=80C3C0JH6RPC5FAZG3M3

It was intentional, I have sensitivity set on Low. I will make another video showing the different sensitivity options. It can go as fast as a blink of an eye.

2 Likes

Nice alternative, I will add that to my To-Do list, seems like a much compact solution.:+1:

1 Like

Add on…

I suggest you try holding the remote wearing this kind of skateboard gloves with hard plastic pad particularly on the palm. I personally wear them for safety and I guess for most of the guys here too. You have the the design and functions I want it so badly…but the ergonomic design for gloves wearer, how does it function? handle? Safe? comfortable to hold?

I’m currently using the Nano remote. It is very small in size, but the position of the remote on hand while wearing the glove makes the remote position slightly uncomfortable.

Thanks mate!

I flew off my board at the speed of 50++km/h. The glove safe my BOTH my hand.

apologize if i drifted topic… this the the best interfacing wireless remote if anyone here can research about.

Whow, just came across that Thing, its wonderful.

any idea when you will officially “release/sell” them ?

I’m interested !!

ps.: on your website it tells that ill get a conformation mail but i do not, am i signed in now ?