Universal Advanced VESC Remote Control (Photon) - Custom design

Yeah arduino would be bettery I think

May I interject? Dont bother with board-mounted data clusters. You really shouldn’t be staring straight down and dropping your focus on the road, even if it’s for a second. Good chance if you’re checking the speedometer, you’re likely going ‘fast’ and thus already in a riding situation that requires every possible millisecond for reacting to hazards. You’re better off just buying a smartwatch and loading an odometer app.

7 Likes

Yeah actually totally agree even having the voltage/amperage meter on the board I would only look at at when I was stopped or making a conscious effort to stare at it in which case I was splitting attention between riding and looking at numbers.

It depends on the route you want to take to build it, if you are going to design a custom hardware + software then it will take a lot of time to finally polish it. If you are going to use pre-made arduino board then you would still need to develop the software, find out what display you might want to use, is it RGB or just monocolor like the one they use? Figure out the power requirements for each component and build everything into a compact module.

To be honest I like the idea of a built in display on top of the deck, of course you don’t want to stare at it when you are going over 20mph or even slower. But it would be very cool to have it display your battery percentage and some stats when you first power on your board, and taking a glimpse at it from now and then when you come to a full stop…

Yeah I was thinking of using it not so much while actually riding the board but like the apps where it shows the telemetry from the VESC on performance data I could pull it up there rather than have to use a phone or smart watch etc…

1 Like

You’ve started shipping :grinning:?

I think I had the first order placed… are you sending any updates/tracking details on shipment?

Yes, PM me your order #, I will check and send you your tracking info.

I was never emailed anything after the order was placed… I will have to check when I get home to check to see if the order # was on the order confirmation screen, but the corresponding paypal confirmation was sent to my email at Sat, Aug 26, 2017 just before 11:20 AM (from WA state).

Got it, I will send you the tracking number by email, I’m working on adding a shipment tracker on the website.

1 Like

Shipped and excited… Yesssssss

2 Likes

post a pic when you receive it!

How much have shipped yet ?

I’ll have to defer to Wajdi for the official response, but I don’t think any have been physically shipped yet (the label for mine has been created, but it’s still in pre-shipment status and I think I have the first order).

1 Like

Yeah so no remote for chrismas, fortunately my secret santa spoiled me so I’m willing to wait till january with the carvon V4

Looks like mine will be delivered monday :). Really looking forward to this.

3 Likes

Same here :slight_smile:

Edit: actually its gonna be delivered saturday

@Wajdi if i bought the remote this saturday, when will it ship?

Keep us updated. I can’t wait to see what the experience is with this remote!

1 Like

unfffgghhegfuuhghghhhhahaah

Looks like mine will be arriving Saturday as well… Now I just need a board to go w/ it :slight_smile: (I have all components ready for a beastly MTB setup, but haven’t started on it yet… this is/was the final piece).

1 Like