Universal Advanced VESC Remote Control (Photon) - Custom design

Nice… you do beautiful work… so errr how’s it going in the wild… what are the first customers finding with lag etc? Just wondering because it still looks really good :+1:

@Wajdi what is the delivery time looking like? Do you think we will get delivery by Christmas?

Yes, most of them were packed yesterday :slight_smile: Monday will start shipping those bad boys out, going to miss them tho :frowning2:

5 Likes

It looks great~ Where can I buy it?

You can buy it at www.eboardshop.net

1 Like

How many will ship ? Hope i’ll get mine next week then !!!

1 Like

Awesome, very nice work!

Can you post a picture of the completed remote and receiver?

Sweet baby Jesus.

1 Like

+1 I’m interested with one remote but I would like to see the final design with a picture. Thank you !

The screeen looks same module as Evolve is using :smiley:

When will your next shipment be ready?

I have been working on an enclosure for the receiver and it turned out to be pretty good! Here are some pictures of the final product. I started shipping those in FIFO, assembling one of those really takes up a LOT of time, much more than I ever expected, so please be patient :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Looks good, but I was wondering if you ever gave shapeways nylon(“strong and flexible plastic”) a try? Did it turn out to be too expensive?

The remote enclosure is very strong, I bet if a car rolls over it it won’t break, serious! :grin: I have set the walls to be very thick with 100% infill.

I didn’t try shapeways but I expect it to be very expensive.

Hey I just created a thread where I mention your remote and I figured who better to ask than you about what I am trying to do. I want to create my own deck with an LCD on the top front like in the FIBOARD

Since you have many of those stats on your remotes LCD, how hard would it be to create something like this to put on my custom deck?

1 Like

Just use a cheap android phone, set it to autoboot when power is applied via usb and then auto open whatever app you use for telemetry. I used to do this with a tablet in my car. You can even set a nice custom boot logo. Ill be adding one to my board at some point.

That’s a good idea but I was thinking of something more propose built. Could I install one of those apps on a raspberry pi and hook that too a LCD and mount it up there?

You would need to develop a program for the rasberry pi and i think that a rasberry pi + screen etc will be too bulky

Raspberry Pi zero is pretty small and probably can still deal with driving an LCD through HDMI (pretty sure it still has fairly decent gpu capabilities) That said you would need some sort of plexiglass box or something to protect it all and do some vibration dampening I imagine.

B/W OLEDs and using an arduino or other low power MCU will be less power hungry for sure but not much smaller volume wise.