Universal Advanced VESC Remote Control (Photon) - Custom design

HW 4.12 FW 3.31

Cheers

So can we expect our remotes for chrismas ? Or will it be in January ? :slight_smile:

Before Christmas for sure, you can expect it to be shipped any day now. I soldered the PCBs yesterday, and I’m flashing the software as we speak. :+1:

2 Likes

Great news. My hype is non-scalable right now.

Fresh and shinny :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I was looking for a remote for my Carvon V4’s build, and just came across yours and wow it looks amazing! One question I have though, is since I’ll be running 2 VESC’s, I’ll need 2 transmitters to make it work, so will you be able to provide extra transmitters for those of us who have multiple motors /VESC’s?

@uigiroux Yes. I will add an option to purchase the receiver standalone.

Awesome, so have you figure out what your remote will cost, and how much will an extra transmitter be? Do you have a projected date for when these will be ready to ship out?

you only need one receiver per board. regardless of the amount of vescs/ motors. they should talk via canbus.

Yes, I already have the remote on Pre-order, 129$ for the remote+receiver, and 39.99$ for the receiver standalone. This is an introductory price, and it will more than likely increase a bit once it is finalized. The production cost and effort involved into making those remotes is so much high compared to the revenue I make from it.

2 Likes

And these work with the VESC - X (FOCBOX) right?

Yes, they are compatible with the FOCBOX. Btw what firmware version are you using?

Lol none right now, I’m getting my parts together to do my build soon. I’ll probably get the one that Enertion’s got on sale. Not sure which version that is…

Flashed and almost ready to be dispatched.

7 Likes

Show us a picture of the barbone remote with the screen please ! Wanna see that georgous body in action

1 Like

22 Likes

Nice job ! can you add turn and brake lights control like this and use the buzzer like a horn ?

1 Like

@Skyv4n Thanks, yes its definitely possible, it already has horn/buzzer digital control built in and WS2812B lights driver. Turn signals and reactive brakes are already added and working :slight_smile: I will post a demo video about it.

4 Likes

Looking good @Wajdi

@Wajdi Sweet!