Universal Advanced VESC Remote Control (Photon) - Custom design

Updated design, much more slimmer, and ergonomic! size is reduced by almost 50%.

Let me know what you think.

11 Likes

I really like it, i actually asked myself how much electronics must be in htere that i has to be that big.

Another Question again: :sweat_smile: do you think you will Design a Index-Finger-Trigger Version, or will that be up to the Cummunity as soon the first PCB-DIY-Set are out for sale ? As template there are quite some proofen designs like:

What post-processing are you using?

Looks awesome. What did you use to polish it like that?

my god its beautiful.

2 Likes

Looks great, much improved, not much I can add other than maybe a fiercer font for PHOTON brand engraving! Of course @longhairedboy will also want that in red, for performance boosting purposes lol.

1 Like

the very thought of a red photon remote makes me want to sob softly out of pure elation.

thatā€™s a cad not production

1 Like

Thatā€™s not the post heā€™s referring to

@Print3r @NAF I used sanding, acetone, filler primer and paint coat, but I wonā€™t be post processing the cases anymore because the paint coating leaves a weird smell on the remote, especially on hot conditions.

@notger @longhairedboy Thank you! glad you guys liked the new redesign. This version is much more compact it makes the old design looks so big!

@caustin Thanks! If you guys have font suggestions please let me know :slight_smile:

Have i mentioned i NEEEEED THEEEEEESE.

Lord Skatan, grant me patience for the things i feel i canā€™t wait for. And DO IT NOW.

3 Likes

I need mine tooā€¦my remote is broken lolā€¦ Was expecting a shipping label last week :frowning:

I predict 30 days minimum for the first batch pre-orders to see product. maybe a x-mas present to ourselves!:unamused:

Are you speaking for him? If notā€¦lol.

Can you incorporate an android phone? Itā€™s wonderful

I may as well be but no this is just me hoping I see my remote before x-mas! Iā€™m now forced to purchase another remote If I wish to ride my first build in a week!

@Deckoz @Brianr058 @longhairedboy I will do my best to get it going in about 2 weeks :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@notger I might design an index finger version in the future, but it I donā€™t have a definite date yet. Of course the community can always get creative with the DIY kits (I will be offering those soon)

@banjaxxed What do you mean, Like an android app?

I was only kidding , I meant that it should incorporate an actual android phoneā€¦although that could end up being a thing in the futureā€¦

The most important thing for me: what is the control update rate? (Iā€™m getting ready to VESCify my Bamboo GTX because of its slow update rate)