Ungoverned Drifter: The 30-Wheel Drive Esk8 AT Monster

It totally broke the convention and notion of skateboard. Now, you probably heard of two-wheel drive and four-wheel drive, but have you heard of thirty-wheel drive? Well, as ridiculous as it sounds, Drifter is in fact a thirty-wheel drive electric vehicle. Little is known about the technicality at this point. What we do know is, it has over 70 balls that serve as the vehicle’s wheels, of which, an undisclosed powertrain drives over 30 numbers to afford motion. That’s for now and oh, it is patent-pending too. Anywho, future iteration will likely see it having seventy-wheel drive. Yes. Seventy-freaking-wheel-drive! This is just the beginning of a revolution in electric skateboard.

Drifter is not designed with roads on mind, though it certainly can take on mundane flat terrains too. Drifter is primarily an off-road leisure vehicle, an ATV of sort, but it will be a lot more versatile. Future development will see it getting more power that will allow this monster of electric skateboards to make off-road vehicle requisite air time.

It is not going as fast as it should. Moreover, the prototype, which tips the scales at 19.4 kilograms (42.8 lbs!), is predominantly solid steel frame. However, the eventual product is likely to be constructed out of carbon fiber and titanium elements which will definitely slash the weight dramatically without sacrificing robustness.

https://mikeshouts.com/ungoverned-drifter-multi-ball-wheels-electric-vehicled-one-thirty-wheel-drive/

8 Likes

This thing is crazy lookin…how does it ride? Any videos

1 Like

Yes, there…:point_down:

1 Like

1 Like

That’s to many balls.

4 Likes

Is it just me or do those “wheels” look like tennis balls? Prob. why it has so many wheels/balls each one can’t bear too much weight?

1 Like

Yeah, plenty of grip. Kind of like a mini tank

1 Like

The concept is interesting

1 Like

Wonder how well it would work on denser snow…

1 Like

There’s a lot of room for mechanical issues

3 Likes

Sick… and yeah that’s alot of balls lol

Keep at it looks promising

2 Likes

you gotta have a lot of balls to drive that thing… pun intended.

1 Like

Imagine the maintenance on all those bearings :pensive:

1 Like

I can’t even begin to think of the amount of problem solving that went into this build. How to drive thirty tennis balls, let alone sleeving the things for bearings. Bloody tennis balls lol who even thinks like that? I’m not sure if I have just watched a video of the most ridiculous build I’ve ever seen or the work of a genius. Definitely interesting though

1 Like

It’s a super cool concept but is it really any better than the trampa?

1 Like

Hope they don’t use abec 11 Flywheels or they will have to run with only half the wheels because of shortage :smile:

2 Likes

500$ to change the bearings on this :smiley:

2 Likes

$3.000 dollars worth of wheels :rofl:

is that 3 dollars or 3 thousand? I always get confused with different usage of commas and periods in other countries

2 Likes

$3K … $3 Thou … $3 Big Kahunas

1 Like