Uneven Dual Rear Drive

I have been in a situation where the belt snapped on the 280kv side of the UDR and needed to ride it home on the 430kv only. It worked but it wasnt happy.

1 Like

Belt snap :hushed: clearly Iā€™m not doing something rightā€¦hehe How did that happen?

they wear out eventually. nothing exciting.

How many miles do you think you got on that belt?

no idea. it was ridden daily for about a year or so. it was a lot.

It is not normal for sure, but depending on system voltage combined with wheel roll out/ gearing it might not be funky. Hub guys are running <70kv but the Stooge is running >1350kv soā€¦ @Magixpencer prob more questions in another thread would be a better idea :wink: as it sounds a bit different

1 Like

Maybe it would be more appropriate to say that 400kv is simply not practical for Esk8

1 Like

Thank you, I will make changes and post again.

How did you do dual independent vescs? Iā€™m very interested in this, but donā€™t know if I would be able to do it. Are they ran on separate channels or something?

Sorry for revamping the really old thread, Iā€™m just super intrigued by this!

You have to split the ppm cable or use dual receivers. Iā€™m not sure if canbus would work with uneven dual drive

1 Like

Split ppm cable with 5v cut on one end.

1 Like

In that case, could you use seperate brands of vesc? Or maybe even different types of esc altogether? I donā€™t plan on doing that, Iā€™m just curious to see if it would work

Thereā€™s no reason is wouldnā€™t work

1 Like

Yeah there is literally no communication between ESCs so you can use different ones if you want toā€¦ it would make no difference.