Ultimate Overkill || 8 motor AWD Concept

Warning: Made purely because the parts were in front of me and I thought it would be funny/awesome.

No plans to ever make or try this unless someone wants to commission a $5k board that is the complete opposite of simple :wink:

motor plates could be made with 4/5mm steel or cf

Just for fun some numbers:

1 esk8 motor 1.5 - 3kw x 8 = 12 - 24kw Electric Skateboard. = 16 - _32 h_p (about the hp of a ninja 300cc twin motorcycle)

avg eboard weight 15-20lb x2 for motors/elec/xl batt = 30 - 40lb 1 to 1 power weight is possible (without rider of course)

with rider (me) + 150lb = 190lb 190lb/30hp = 6.33lb/hp

for reference super/hypercars have power to weight of 3-4 lb/hp track/race cars 1.5-3 lb/hp

7 Likes

If I say please will you make it? :slight_smile:

Just saying you’d prob be internet famous if you did. That’s the best kind of famous

6 Likes

This looks very interesting. I like where this is going. How were you planning on routing the belt? If you intend to just use a longer belt and also engage the back pinion pulley you are reducing the number of engaged teeth on the wheel pulley drastically, only engaging the top and bottom of it.

2 Likes

DO IIIIIIT!!! :joy:

1 Like

Do it!

And that one motor looks familiar :wink:

1 Like

why not use some tandem axle ?

6 Likes

Tandem axles with 8 hub motors!!!

5 Likes

You know, 4WD just isn’t cutting it for me these days. I guess it’s time for 8wd… @chaka, I need an 8wd vesc… haha, I can’t even imagine what 8wd would feel like. It literally took me a few weeks to get used to 4wd hubs, as the torque wanted to throw me on my butt. But 8wd?

I still want to make an 8wd with one of those tank style belts instead of wheels for plowing up mountains in the snow. Could you imagine going to a resort and flying up the mountain instead of buying a lift ticket…

1 Like

8 wheel drive is cute, but 36 wheel drive and tank treads is where it’s at. :imp: I’ve been hoping someone would try powering one of these.

https://www.amazon.com/Rockboard-Descender-All-Terrain-Skateboard/dp/B00NX9C97M

6 Likes

That look nice for canadian winter :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

wish I could, maybe one day :thinking:

those treads work surprisingly well

also the look on the guys face on the rockboard amz page

I was also thinking of a 12 motor version using 4 hubs + this 8 belt drive. all just for science :nerd:

6 Likes

Tank tracks!

1 Like

maybe something like this. 8/10mm pitch double sided poly/steel belts

http://shop.polybelt.com/50DT10-Truly-Endless-Polurethane-Belt_c475.htm

saul i am intrested in the build pm me for some kickstarting talk with me totes love the design might need you two build us a pair one for each of us talk to me email is [email protected]