UK MEMBER ? | Introduce yourself here! :)

For mechanical parts you have Trampa of course. For electronics/drive train Alien Power System in in England. Otherwise you will find on the forum some guys based in Europe who can provide you all sort of parts with reasonable postage costs. Use the search function and the For sale section of the forum to refine your search. I am more on MTB/Pneumatic boards so I cannot really advise on longboard parts. Good luck :wink:

Hello all, I am from London and will be building a 8s5p board in September. Currently I am developing a new controller that will have an OLED display showing directions and other stats and a thumbwheel for throttle/ brake/ reverse. The law on eboards in the UK confuses me a lot - are they legal after the flaming hoverboard fiasco? Where do people ride their boards when commuting - cycle lane, pavement (not great in my area) or on the edge of the road (like bikes)?

There is an esk8 event happening soon in London if anyone is interested - https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/london-esk8-events-20th-may-25th-june-huskelectric/22521

2 Likes

I’m from Farnham too! That’s crazy! I live in London now but if I bring my board down some time it’d be cool to meet!

1 Like

Facebook group to keep a bit more upto date on meets and locations. Join and have fun

https://www.facebook.com/groups/692928530874989/

Hi Everyone,

Halfway through my first build right now. Living in Putney, London.

Here is details of my build so far:

Anyone in the UK interested in helping with this https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/complete-esk8-made-by-builders-poll-please-vote/23510/109 - the first boards wil need to be assembled by builders. If you are interested please put yourself on the map (https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=2546688#)

1 Like

Crazy small world, would be up for meeting - I tend to drive to Portsmouth to ride in all honesty! :slight_smile:

Hi AJ, it could be your batteries. You should leave batteries charged at about 40% if you’re storing them or not using them for a week or more. I run 6S Lipo (2x 3S in series) and I leave my batteries at 11.4 volts when I’m not using them. If you’re leaving them charged quite high for a long time you might damage them, or if you leave them too low (nearly fully discharged) then that can cause damage as well. If you can supply more info about your battery setup that will help :slight_smile:

thanks! ya i have the same setup as you and i discharged mine to like 3V so i think that is the problem.

1 Like

Hey guys,

From North London here and I’m about 75% through my first build. Would love to meet and learn more, especially the more technical stuff. I’m a teacher and hoping to use my board to go to and from work as well as cruising the streets whenever I don’t want to ride my bicycle.

Curious to request if anyone has an STLink V2 since my current wall is not being able to connect my VESC to a BLDC tool (trying to use Ackmaniac’s one). From DIY V4.12 so I thought it would come with a bootloader already but my issues are seemingly more complicated (unless there’s just a driver I need to install on my windows PC…).

Look forward to getting in touch, would be great if I could solve this too.

Youssef

Hello where are you in North London ? I have ordered a STLINK v2 on aliexpress , it should be there in one week maximum. i will keep you informed. have you try another computer ? VES from DIY should be ready to use

cyril

Hey Cyril, I live in Tottenham. Would love a pair of eyes on this as I don’t want to do anything that will complicate this issue.

I’ve looked at some guides and I’m curious (I’d like to learn how to fix this too). Do I need this £17 STLINK V2 or this USB part or both?

I’d prioritise your help with this since I don’t want to mess anything up.

Thanks!

Youssef

Hi, the usb should work but I have never use one. i have order my VESC from DIY and it was already with boot loader. If you are available, we can test you vesc on my computer this afternoon (postcode E2 9 between 2 - 5 pm)

You might not want to put your postcode on the internet. I’d love to visit but my VESC is at home and I don’t get off work till 4 at least. What other times are you available?

I’ll PM you

Hi. John Q from Scotland. I’m on the search of converting my Carver C7 setup to an esk8. At the moment I’m researching for UK esk8 parts/components, so I don’t have to pay import tax if I buy items from the US.

Hay I’m leon obviously I’m in North west England new to this forum well any forum tbh iv been building esk8s for a couple of yrs now and thought it would be nice to meet other like minded people I’m currently straddling a custom carbonfiber mtb deck it’s big and heavy 80-100 80kv motor 10s lipo build a new longboard now which I can carry in shops an such so that’s me for now cheers

Where abouts in north west ?

Near burnley if h know where that is u up north

Yea I know where it is been there a couple times I’m a bit further north in Cumbria.